1501 South 11th Avenue
Bozeman, MT 59717-2750
Tel: (406) 994-2053
Toll Free: (800) 457-1696
Fax: (406) 994-6081
President & CEO
Wondering how to fund your gift? For many, the obvious choice is to make a cash gift. However, there are many other ways (and combinations of ways) to fund a gift - some that may be more beneficial to you.
Some of the most common ways to fund gifts are:
- Cash - The easiest way to give, cash gifts of any size can make an immediate difference for MSU. Mail a check, call us, or make a gift online using your credit card.
- Stocks and Securities - If you have stocks, bonds, treasuries, or mutual funds that have increased in value, giving them to the Foundation to support MSU is a great way to make a difference and create tax advantages.
- Property - Both real estate (homes, cabins, vacant land, commercial buildings, condos, farms or ranches) and tangible personal property (art work, valuable collections, or livestock) can be given to the Foundation to support the area that interests you. In some cases, you can even continue using the property during your lifetime.
- Retirement Plan Assets - Frequently overlooked but often a tax-smart way to support MSU is through IRAs, qualified retirement plan assets, or commercial annuities. You can even time the impact of your gift by choosing to make contribution now or naming the Foundation a beneficiary of the plan.
- Life Insurance - You can support MSU through life insurance in two ways - designate the Foundation as a beneficiary of the policy or give the Foundation a policy you no longer need. Either way you combine your charitable goals with great tax advantages.