A visit to the MSU campus will provide opportunities to meet faculty, staff and students,
and to explore life at Montana State! Because selecting a college is such an important
decision, families are always welcome and encouraged to participate. MSU offers group
visits during our MSU Friday events, daily campus visits and the option to do a self-guided
Daily visits are available Monday through Friday, year-round, with the exception of major holidays. Students can attend a campus tour, visit our residence halls, meet with an admissions counselor, and get more information from academic departments of interest. Explore available sessions below, and take a look at our sample visit schedule!
- 8:45am - Introductory MSU welcome and video presentation
- 9:00am - Explore MSU on a campus tour
- 10:00am - Experience on-campus housing
- 11:00am - Attend an academic information session
- 12:00pm - Break for lunch
- 1:00pm - Meet with an Admissions Counselor
Academic information sessions are also available at the following times:
- 11:00am - Architecture Info Session
- 11:00am - Engineering Info Session
- 11:00am - Imagine Your Future: Why Humanities Matter
- 12:00pm - Honors College Info Session
- 1:10pm - Engineering Info Session
- 1:10pm - University Studies Info Session (undecided students)
If you are interested in attending any of the sessions listed above, please select
them when scheduling your campus visit.
To schedule your visit, you are encouraged to complete the registration form or call at least two weeks in advance of your planned visit. If you have questions, please feel free to contact the Campus Visit Coordinators in the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org, (406) 994-1989 or toll free 1-888-MSU-CATS. You are also more than welcome to just "drop in" and go on a campus tour.
Monday - Friday
9 a.m. & 2 p.m.
Meet with an Admissions Counselor
We look forward to answering all of your questions about the admissions process, scholarship opportunities, academic programs, student life, Bozeman life, and everything else that Montana State University has to offer. This is a casual visit (not an interview), so families are encouraged to join in on the fun.
Not sure what to ask? Here are some suggestions.
Residence Hall Information Session
Monday - Friday
10 a.m. & 3 p.m.
The Residence Life tour provides an overview of every living option on campus and
allows visitors to view a residence hall room and tour the dining hall. Tours are
led by MSU students and typically last about an hour.
For additional info, contact the Residence Life Department at (406) 994-2661 or via email@example.com
Visit with a Diversity Ambassador
Diversity Ambassadors are student volunteers within Montana State University’s Office
of Admissions that provide guidance and insight for prospective students who are considering
making MSU their next home. Diversity Ambassadors serve as a vital resource for underrepresented
students throughout every stage of the admissions process.
Learn more about our Diversity Ambassadors online here!
By appointment - Fall and Spring semesters only
Academic Information Sessions
Various times weekly
- Architecture Info Session: This meeting includes information about the Architecture/Environmental Design program, scholarships, academics as well as a tour of the facility.
- Jake Jabs College of Business Info Session: This meeting includes information about the College of Business, scholarships and academics.
- Imagine Your Future: Why Humanities Matter: Today’s employers value the skills of critical-thinking, work ethic, teamwork, and
strong oral and written communications.
Come learn how you can get these skills by studying the humanities at MSU.
- Engineering Info Session: This meeting includes information about the College of Engineering, scholarships, academics as well as a tour of the Facility.
- University Studies Info Session: This meeting includes information for undecided students and those who want to explore a variety of majors before declaring a specific degree.
- Honors College Information Session: This meeting includes information about the Honors College.
If you are interested in meeting with a different academic option not listed above, please select it on the visit form and we will do our best to schedule a meeting for you.
We welcome larger group visits every year, including high schools, TRiO programs, and more! We can accommodate these visits Monday-Friday, year-round. Please email or call our Campus Visit Coordinators to discuss what options are available.
Campus Visit Coordinator
Campus Visit Coordinator
MSU Fridays are a fun way to check out the campus! Our preview days offer tours, meetings with faculty members, advice from current students, sample classes and much more. For more info and to register, visit our MSU Friday page.
For individuals who are unable to attend a regularly-scheduled campus tour, our office does offer a self-guided walking tour experience. This tour includes podcast audio to enhance your experience.
The 1.3-mile tour begins in front of the south entrance to the Strand Union Building and takes approximately 1 hour to complete. The number route follows the same path as our regular student-guided tour, however, visitors are welcome to tailor the tour to their own interests using the key below the map. If buildings are open, feel free to go inside and take a look around. If classes are in session, please try to be as considerate as possible.
Questions? We're here to help.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! You can email our
staff at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm MT at 1-888-MSU-CATS.