Alan H. George, PhD, PE
Associate Professor | Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Info: Instructional web pages for specific courses have been moved to MSU D2L.
- "An Optical Probe for the Detection of Bubbles in a High Temperature Fluidized Bed", George, A. H., Multiphase Transport and Particulate Phenomena: Volume 3, Hemisphere Publishing Corporation, 1990 [Proceedings of the Fifth Miami International Symposium on Multiphase Transport and Particulate Phenomena].
- "An Instrumented Cylinder for the Measurement of Instantaneous Local Heat Transfer Flux in High Temperature Fluidized Beds", George, A. H., and Smalley, J. L., International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 34, No. 12, 1991.
- "Development of Diagnostic Tools for High Temperature Fluidized Beds", George, A. H., Final Report prepared for the National Science Foundation under contract CBT-8801618, August 1991 (48 pages).
- "Instantaneous Local Heat Transfer Coefficients and Related Frequency Spectra for a Horizontal Cylinder in a High Temperature Fluidized Bed", George, A. H., International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 36, No. 2, 1993.
- "Final Report: Vacuum Drying of Fuel Containers, Subcontract Number C85-110754, Task Order 34", George, A. H., Rogers, J., and Fleming, J., Prepared for Westinghouse Idaho Nuclear Company, Inc. (WINCO), January 1994 (125 pages).
- "The Influence of Sidewall Cooling on Boundary Layer Pressure Fluctuations for a Two-Dimensional Supersonic Nozzle", George, A. H., and Amin, M. R., Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 35, No. 1, 2003.
- "Microwave Technology for the Treatment of Fume Hood Exhaust", Cha, C. Y., Wallace, S., George, A. H., and Rogers, S., special issue of the ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering on pollution control equipment, Vol. 130, No. 3, 2004.
Several tasks performed for law firms related to vehicle defects, machine defects, or product liability. Analysis, experiment design, and experiments performed in the areas of materials testing, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and thermodynamics.
Updated on: 6/1/2015.