American Indian Alaskan Native CTRP Team
Director, Montana State Univ.
Jovanka’s role is to foster development of sustainable partnerships between communities, project leaders and the program cores to balance the priorities of the communities with advancement of knowledge. Her scientific area of expertise is innate immune evasion mechanisms used by pathogenic bacteria, and her research is to elucidate pathogen and host factors essential to initiate infection. Read more about Jovanka here.
Judith Salmon Kaur is the medical director for the Native American Programs of the Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center. All three Mayo sites , Florida, Arizona and Rochester , are involved in outreach to American Indians and Alaska Natives through Native C.I.R.C.L.E and the “Spirit of Eagles” programs. Dr. Kaur is Choctaw/Cherokee and one of only two American Indian medical oncologists in the country.
Core Directors and Staff
- Administrative Team: Richard White, Montana program director
- Community Engagement and Outreach: Jordan Lewis, Core Director, PhD University of Alaska Anchorage, Assiciate Professor, WWAMI School of Medical Education Director, National Resource Center for Alaska Native Elders
- Research, Design, Epidemiology and Biostatistics: Tim Thomas, Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Professional Development: (Nancy) Jane Shelby, Univ. of Alaska Anchorage
- Pilot Project Program: Jocelyn Krebs, Univ. of Alaska Anchorage
- Tracking and Evaluation: Heather Almquist, Director