Montana Apprenticeship Program (MAP)
What is MAP?
The Montana Apprenticeship Program (MAP) is a six-week, summer college preparatory and STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) focused program for Native American and other underrepresented minority students, and "first generation" high school students (students who will be first in their families to attend a four-year college or university). Students must be current residents of Montana. MAP provides students entering their junior and senior years of high school their first taste of college life and academic preparation for college and STEM majors.
The goal of MAP is to inspire young people to pursue college degrees and increase the number of Native American and other underrepresented and first generation high school students entering the career fields of science, technology, engineering, and math.
MAP is fun and action packed – no two days are ever the same! In addition to science field trips, MAP students participate in diverse academic enrichment and college preparation activities.
Program Benefits Include
- Housing on campus and all meals are provided for the entire six-week program.
- Funds are provided to help cover students' transportation costs to Bozeman and back home.
- Students practice and improve their skills in math, chemistry, physics, biology, and writing/communications.
- Students gain an understanding of college life, college majors and careers, and develop practical skills to prepare for college.
- Full-time residential advisers and a program coordinator provide round-the-clock supervision and support.
- Weekend field trips include visits to Yellowstone National Park, hiking, cultural events, and exploring the beauty of southwest Montana.
- 100% of MAP students graduate from high school and the majority of MAP students enter a four-year college/university immediately upon high school graduation.
MAP 2017 | June 18 - July 28
The MAP Student Application deadline is EXTENDED! APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL MAY 18th, 2017!
Click here for the MAP application in PDF format.
Click here for MAP application in Word Format.
Click here MAP Program Coordinator Application.
Click here for MAP Residential Advisor Application.
Click here for MAP STEM Instructor Application. Three (3) instructor positions are available in Chemistry; Physics; Biology.