Master of Arts Degree
- Baccalaureate degree in American Studies or closely related field
- 3.0 Grade Point Average
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all universities attended, sent directly to the Graduate School
- Three letters of recommendation, uploaded directly to CollegeNet
- Letter of application that addresses the applicant’s areas of intended study and the applicant’s qualifications for Master’s level work.
- Writing sample
- GRE scores are not required, but will be reviewed if submitted
Applications can be accessed online from The Graduate School. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. Preference will be given to applications submitted before January 31st for admittance in the Fall semester. For applicants wishing to be considered for a Fall teaching assistantship, the application deadline is January 31st. The final deadline for applications to be submitted is March 31st.
For a Spring semester admissions, the application deadline is November 1st. Those wishing to be considered for a Spring teaching assistantship, the application deadline is October 1st.