Japanese Government Scholarship for Japanese Studies Students
The Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle offers a generous scholarship to U.S. students who wish to study in Japan.
Applications for the 2019 cycle are due Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
To qualify, an applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen (dual citizens with Japan must renounce their Japanese citizenship prior to accepting the scholarship), with an address in Washington State, Oregon, Idaho, Montana or Alaska.
- Be currently enrolled in a 4-year university as an undergraduate student and must be majoring in Japan-related studies.
- Be born between April 2, 1989, and April 1, 2001.
- Have at least one year of Japanese language education by September 2019.
Further restrictions may apply. Please see the Application Guidelines for details. Application instructions and a link to the application forms can be found at: http://www.seattle.us.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/scholarship.html
This scholarship provides the following:
- Monthly stipend
- Travel expenses to and from Japan
- Exemption of school fees for entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition
Details may be subject to change.
Questions? Please contact the Consulate-General of Japan Scholarship Desk at email@example.com or 206-682-9107 ext.134.