Ask Us Information
Ask Us Desk - Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Where can I find the schedule of classes?
- A: MyInfo provides up to date schedules of classes for course planning purposes. https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/pls/bzagent/bzskcrse.PW_SelSchClass
- Q: How can I find out who my advisor is?
- A: Advisors are assigned through the department or college you are part of. Contact
your major department.
- Q: How can I change my major or add a minor?
- A: Contact the department of the major or minor you are interested in, and contact
the Registrar’s Office at 406.994.2601 for more information
- Q: When is the last day to add courses?
- A: Classes can be added online for the first 5 class days of the semester. Classes
can be added using the add/drop form for the first 10 class days of the semester.
The form used can be found here: http://www.montana.edu/registrar/pdfs/Add_Drop_Form.pdf
- Q: When is the last day to drop courses?
- A: Classes can be dropped online for the first 10 class days of the semester, and
dropped using the add/drop form for the first 15 days of class. The form used can
be found here: http://www.montana.edu/registrar/pdfs/Add_Drop_Form.pdf
- Q: How can I find out when I can register for the upcoming semester?
- A: Registration Day and Time is decided by the number of credits a student has completed.
The schedule is available through the Registrar’s Office for each semester.
- Q: How many credits do I need to be registered for to be considered a full-time student?
- A: 12 credits is considered full-time by the Financial Aid Office. 15 credits per
semester is the necessary class load to graduate in 4 years.
- Q: Where can I buy tickets for MSU events?
- A: Tickets can be purchased online at www.ticketswest.com, at the Bobcat Ticket Office
in the Fieldhouse, and at select outlets. The outlets include: the Ask Us Desk in
the Strand Union Building, and Rosauers Grocery Store.
- Q: How do students get tickets to Bobcat Athletic Events?
- A: Students registered for 7 or more credits get into all athletic events free. For
all events excluding football, they can just swipe their Cat Card upon entrance. For
Football tickets, students must preload a ticket to their Cat Card starting at noon,
on the Monday of game week using www.msustudenttickets.com
- Q: Where do I catch the Streamline Bus?
- A: There are various stops around Bozeman for your convenience. All routes stop at
the south entrance of the SUB. Pick up a Bus Schedule at Ask Us or check it out online.
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59717
Tel: (406) 994-4636
Tel: (406) 994-INFO
Location: Strand Union Building