ASMSU 2018-B-15 Campaign Finance
Sponsor: Danny Branch Yes ____ No ____ Senators Present ____
Co-Sponsors: Connor Mulvaney First Reading______________________
Ambika Murali Second Reading ____________________
Vote Necessary: A majority ASMSU Senate Speaker
Sections: [7-7] __________________________________
Intent: To change election rules regarding Effective Date _____________________
Section 7-7 Campaigning
- Campaigning shall be defined as the use of any written or verbal presentation in the name of any candidate or ballot measure.
- All candidates and sponsors of ballot measures shall not break any university, local, state, or federal laws, ordinances, rules or regulations while campaigning.
- No candidates for Executive Team shall spend more than $500 on campaign related expenses as a complete ticket; no candidate for Senate shall spend more than $100 on campaign related expenses.
- Candidates for Executive Team will be eligible to receive reimbursement from ASMSU, notto exceed $250;Candidates for Senate will be eligible to receive reimbursement from ASMSU, not to exceed $50.
- No candidate shall use ASMSU funds, time, equipment or supplies to aid in their campaigning, except whereexpressly allowed in the Elections Policies and Procedures Manual
- Rules will be enforced as defined in the Elections Policies and Procedures Manual.