2018 B 02 Campaign Finance Reform
Sponsor: Taylor Blossom Yes ____ No ____ Senators Present ____
Co-Sponsors: Rachel Juel First Reading ______________________
Sunirp Rehal Second Reading ____________________
Vote Necessary: A majority ASMSU Senate Speaker
Sections: [7-7] __________________________________
Effective Date: Upon Passage
Intent: To increase equity in the ASMSU elections process by ensuring no one is disenfranchised from seeking office due to excessive financial burden.
Section 7-7 Campaigning
- Campaigning shall be defined as the use of any written or verbal presentation in the name of any candidate or ballot measure.
- All candidates and sponsors of ballot measures shall not break any University, local, state, or federal laws, ordinances, rules or regulations while campaigning.
- No candidate for Executive shall spend more than $1000 on campaign related expenses as a complete ticket; no candidate for senate shall spend more than $200 on campaign related expenses.
- No candidate shall use ASMSU funds, time, equipment or supplies to aid in their campaigning.
- Rules will be enforced as defined in the Elections Policies and Procedures Manual.