- Applications for Senate and President/Vice President due at 4:30 p.m. to the ASMSU Main Office (SUB 221)
- Senate and President/Vice President Biographies (word doc) and picture (jpeg) due electronically at 5:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mandatory candidate meeting (Senate and President/Vice President) at 5:00 p.m. in SUB 236
- Candidates may begin formal campaigning after this meeting!
- Primary Debate (President/VP) at Noon in the Union Market, there will be cake!
- Primary Election from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Vote at montana.edu/vote
- Results known after 8 p.m. and made public by the next day.
- Final Debate (President/VP) at Noon in the Union Market, there will be cake!
- Voting begins at 7 a.m. Vote at montana.edu/vote
- There will be a voting station in the SUB by the Union Market.
- Voting continues until 7 p.m. Vote at montana.edu/vote
- Voting stations in the SUB by the Union Market.
- Results will be known after 8p.m. and made public by the next day.
- Campaign posters, etc. must be taken down within 72 hours of the end of the election. (This is to be done by the candidate.)
Jenna Rhoads || ASMSU Elections Director
Hey my name is Jenna Rhoads, I call a few places home: San Luis Obispo, California;
La Grande, Oregon; Bozeman, Montana and I am majoring in political science. I am so
privileged to be the Elections Director for ASMSU this year and last year, I was the
Elections Associate. When I found out the position for director was open I knew I
had to take the opportunity to work with great people, have lots of fun, and gain
experience relevant to my field.
If I am not in my office, please don’t hesitate to text me or give me a call – I won’t bite. A piece of advice is the best thing you can do for yourself is listen.
ASMSU holds elections once each semester. Fall elections include Homecoming King and Queen. Spring elections include Senate seats and student body President and Vice President. Elections may also include special ticket items that need the student vote.