American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) (406) 443-8590
Citizens' Advocate Hotline (800)
Consumer Complaints (800)481-6896 
Gallatin County Self Help Law Center (405) 582-2158
Haven (domestic abuse shelter) (406)586-4111 
Help Center (suicide hot line) 2-1-1 (406) 586-3333
Human Rights Bureau (800) 542-0807
Lawyers Referral Services (MT State Bar Assn.) (406) 449-6577
Montana Child Support Enforcement Bureau (800) 346-5437
Montana Legal Services-low income (civil; no criminal) (800) 666-6899
Montana Fair Housing (800) 877-7353
Public Service Commission-UTILITY COMPLAINTS (800)646-6150
Small Business Development Center (406) 841-2747
State Auditor/Insurance Commissioner (Auto insurance questions) (800)
Victims Assistance/Legal Advocacy (406) 582-2038
Voice Center for victims of sexual and domestic violence on campus(406)994-7069
Women's Center (406) 994-3836
If you have a misdemeanor, you can ask the judge for a public defender if you face jail time and are indigent (have no money). 582-2450 (Office of Public Defender)
Other helpful Websites: (Montana civil legal forms & areas of MT law)