Where your student fees go:
|ASMSU Fee Components|
|Student Press Fee||$2.75|
|Outdoor Rec Fee||$8.47|
|Rec Facility - Debt||$13.38|
|Rec Facility O&M||$3.39|
|ASMSU Activity Fee||$38.70|
The Associated Students of Montana State University (ASMSU) Fees are mandatory fees charged to students registered for seven (7) credits or more. Payment of the ASMSU Fees entitles the student to participation in ASMSU student government and use of gym, swimming, weight room facilities, day care facilities, legal aid, tutoring, and other sponsored activities. ASMSU Fees are set by student vote and consist of the following fees:
- Activity Fee (TACT): Provides for the operation of the student government and its committees.
- These fees are for our marketing team, Program directors, campus events and programs. Essentially anything that ASMSU has budgeted for in this upcoming year.
- Intramural Fee (TIML): Contributes to the operational cost of the intramural facilities and programs.
- Student Sustainability Fee (TSSF): Contributes to the promotion and implementation of sustainable practices.
- Student Organization Fee (TSOF): Supports registered student organizations.
- Student Press Fee (TSPF): Funding for the student newspaper, The Exponent.
- Bus Fee (TBUS): Helps fund a local bus system for students.
- Student Leadership Fee (TSLF): Provides funding to the MSU Leadership Institute.
- Outdoor Recreation Program Fee (TREC): Funding for the Outdoor Recreation Program.
- Recreational Facilities Project Fee (TRFP): Funds the construction of a synthetic turf field and supporting infrastructure.
- Recreational Facilities Operations & Maintenance (TRFM): Funds for the operations/maintenance after construction.
Total: $117.13 Fall 2020/21