Recent News Features
- Congratulations to our Ph.D. program trailblazer Mariana Olsen, who successfully passed
her comprehensive exam and is now MSU’s first-ever Candidate for Ph.D. in Psychological
- Our Attention and Memory lab is featured at the 2017 Ellis-Battig memorial symposium
at the Rocky Mountain Psychological Association annual conference April 6th – 8th
in Salt Lake City. There are five presentations featuring work by seven MSU graduate
students (with Mariana, Katie, Chad, Beth, and Keith presenting). The event is also
moderated by another former MSU Psychology graduate, Aaron Richmond, so it is an all
- Feb 16, 2016: Undergraduate Danielle Hanger was given an "award for Excellence" from
MSU and honored at a banquet Tuesday night. Here is a picture from the event. Danielle was also given the "outstanding undergraduate award" in
Psychology last December. Congratulations Danielle!
- Nov 7, 2014: Tom Heyman's in press JEP: LMC paper on working memory load an semantic
priming is featured in APA's "Particularly Exciting Experiments in Psychology (PeePs).
"Read the post here...
- Feb 10, 2013: Dr. Hutchison published a post in Huffington Post entitled "What Big
Data Can Teach Us About Language." Read the post here...
- Fall, 2012: Dr. Hutchison and Dr. Babcock were featured in an article in Montana 55
magazine entitled “Cognition: Don’t Let Your Brain Coast." See the article here...:
- March, 2010: Lab Member Heather Parsons is MSU's fisrt Native American ROTC graduate.
See article here... Heather Parsons ROTC graduate.
- August, 2007: Dr. Hutchison & Dr. Meade featured in Bozeman Daily Chronical article
entitled "Senior Moments": Researchers offer tips for keeping memory limber. See article
here... 'Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
- National Science Foundation announcement describing Dr. Hutchison and Dr. Balota's
"Semantic Priming Project." See announcement here... National Science Foundation Funding Announcement