If your department is employing a foreign scholar/student to be paid through payroll it is mandatory for each foreign scholar/student to FIRST go to the International Programs Office, Culbertson Hall. When that scholar/student completes paperwork, International Ed will forward it to the Personnel and Payroll Services department. DO NOT fill out an I9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification) with them. THIS IS TO BE DONE BY THE INERNATIONAL EDUCATIONS OFFICE. Foreign scholar/students have special tax and employment verification circumstances that need to be monitored by Personnel and Payroll Services.

It is crucially important for tax purposes that the Payroll Office have knowledge of forwarding addresses of foreign scholar/student when they leave your employment. Please keep us notified. It is our responsibility to provide them with necessary forms for filing federal and state income tax returns at the end of the tax year.

Your cooperation and assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated and aid in consistent and prompt integration of all foreign scholars/students into our payroll system. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at 994-7926 or 994-3651.