Non-degree Accounting Foundations Designation
Special Designation Available for Non-Degree U.S. and International Graduate Students Taking Courses to Prepare for Application to the MSU Master of Professional
Attention non-degree graduate students! If you already have an undergraduate degree, but do not yet meet all the course requirements to apply for the MPAc program, the Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship’s (JJCBE) new pre-MPAc (NDAC) designation might be right for you.
Non-degree graduate students who have completed ACTG 201-Principles of Financial Accounting, ACTG 202-Managerial Accounting and ACTG 223-Princples of Accounting II with a combined GPA of 3.0 or better may qualify for the pre-MPAc (NDAC) designation. The pre-MPAc designation allows you greater ease of enrollment (see details below) and access to pre-MPAc advising. If you are interested, please read carefully the information below.
Description of the Pre-MPAc Designation (NDAC)
The NDAC designation is available to a student who:
- has completed an undergraduate degree,
- has been accepted at MSU as non-degree graduate student,
- intends to apply for admission to the MPAc program,
- but has not completed the requirements for admission to the MPAc program.
Benefits of the NDAC Designation
- An NDAC student will be allowed to register for courses needed to complete the requirements for admission to the MPAc program with the same enrollment priority of undergraduate JJCBE students. Without the NDAC designation, course registration is subject to the approval of the individual instructor.
- Each NDAC student will be assigned an academic adviser to receive academic advising specific to his/her needs.
NDAC designation is not a guarantee that a student will gain access to a particular course, does not guarantee a student admission to the MPAc program, and does not give a student priority in MPAc admission decisions. The NDAC designation does not result in a transcriptable degree or certificate.
Eligibility Requirements for NDAC Designation
- Completion of undergraduate degree.
- Admission to MSU as non-degree graduate student.
- Completion of ACTG 201, ACTG 202, and ACTG 223 with a combined GPA of 3.0 or better in these courses.*
* Equivalent courses completed as part of an undergraduate degree in business at another university are also acceptable.
Requirements to Maintain NDAC Designation
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in all upper division accounting courses, and
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher in all upper division business courses
March 1 for summer and/or fall semester courses
August 1 for fall semester courses
October 1 for spring semester courses
Students with the NDAC designation are NOT eligible for federal financial aid. This designation does not result in a transcriptable degree or certificate.
The pre-MPAc designation does NOT ensure a student will eventually be accepted into the MPAc program, nor does it create a contract for acceptance. Upon meeting the requirements for admission to the MPAc program, students may apply for admission to the MPAc program and will be evaluated for acceptance in the same manner as other applicants.