If you are majoring or minoring in Business or are enrolled in a business course, you may schedule a BBCC appointment through the Clinic's 24‐hour, online scheduling service. Go to the BBCC's webpage, www.montana.edu/business/bracken/bbcc, and click on the "Make an Appointment" button or click here to make an appointment.
Email Confirmation: After you make an appointment, you will receive an email confirmation. Within this email is a link which allows you to "review and/or modify" your appointment. Use this email confirmation to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
Appointment Length: Each appointment is 30 minutes long, and students may reserve up to one hour a day in appointment time for papers longer than three pages, résumé reviews, or for assignments that are more complex.
What to Bring to Your Appointment: Please bring a finished draft AND a copy of your assignment to your BBCC appointment. You may also bring a zip drive or your laptop if you wish to edit your assignment electronically.
Missed appointments reflect a lack of consideration for your fellow students. Please
use the email confirmation you received when you made your BBCC appointment to cancel
or reschedule. If you neglect to cancel or reschedule an appointment, we will record
your appointment as a "no show."
If you receive more than three "no shows" within one semester, you may not use the services provided through the BBCC for the remainder of that semester. As a courtesy, you will be notified by phone and/or email after you receive two "no shows".
Please feel free to contact someone from the BBCC to discuss ways to manage your appointment times successfully. Call 994-1874 or email BBCC@montana.edu for further assistance.
The following handouts are available as PDFs to help you improve your business writing.
Structuring Your Paper/Presentation
- Writing a Good Introduction
- Writing an Effective Paragraph
- Writing a Strong Conclusion
- Incorporating Tables and Figures into your Document
Help with APA Formatting
- APA Format for In-Text Citations and References
- APA Formatting and Capitalization Considerations
- APA Examples for Specific Types of Sources
- How to Cite a Website
- How to Cite Interviews and Emails
- Sample APA References Page
Help with Writing
- Ten Most Common Writing Errors
- Commonly Misused Words
- Searching for Research Materials
- Competent Email Communication
- Effective Use of Bullet Points in Business Writing
- Using a Direct Approach
- Document Formatting Tips
- Proofreading: The Final Step
Help with Grammar
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- Definite and Indefinite Articles: the, a, an
- Colon Rules
- The Comma
- Misplaced Phrases (Modifiers)
- Plurals and Possessives
- Personal Pronouns
- Who, Whom, Whose: Interrogative and Relative Pronouns
- Parallel Structure
- Quotation Marks
- The Semicolon
- Subject-Verb Agreement
Help with Job Application Materials
Help with Presentations
Help with Research