The Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship (JJCBE) is pleased to announce
the 2016 Family Business Day Awards. With these awards, we encourage the world at large to take note of these pioneering
and successful family businesses and of the hearts of the people who have sustained
them through generations. Judging will be conducted by principals of family businesses
and family business service professionals.
To download the 2017 Family Business Day Nomination Forms, click here.
Rules for Nominations
- Business headquarters must be in Montana.
- A firm may be nominated by anyone, including employees and business associates. In
the spirit of entrepreneurship, self-nominations are encouraged.
- All family businesses are eligible with the exception of prior winners.
- All nominations must be received by June 1, 2017. Completed applications are due on or before July 1, 2017. (Applications will be sent to nominees.) Applicants will receive notification of
award by August 10, 2017.
- Awards will be given in the following categories: (Sized by number of full-time employees.)
- Large sized business--> 50 employees
- Medium sized--30-50 employee
- Small sized--10-29 employees
- Very small sized--less than 10 employees
- Old family business--over 50 years
- New family business--under 10 years
- Nominations remain active for three years. You may nominate as many businesses as you wish.
- Business growth and success
- Innovative business strategies and practices
- Contributions to community and industry
- Longevity (except for new firms)
- Family-business linkage
- Succession preparedness
- Multi-generation family business involvement (except new firms)
To Family Business Program Home Page
The Family Business Program at Montana State University was launched in 1994. The
program is currently sponsored by State Farm Insurance. The program receives additional
support from the Montana Chamber of Commerce.
The purpose of the Family Business Program is to provide educational opportunities
and resources to family-owned businesses. In addition, the program provides educational
opportunities and resources to service providers of family businesses.
For more information, please contact Anna Reardon, events director, at:
Phone: (406) 994-6195
Fax: (406) 994-6206