Vehicles - Used
Controlled commodity – must purchase through Procurement!
To purchase a used vehicle follow the below steps:
- Establish the criteria you need. Identify type of vehicle, i.e. car, truck, SUV…and
features needed. You can not specify a particular make and model except as an example
for which you will take equivalents.
- Provide your criteria to Procurement Services. Procurement Services will contact
the State of Montana Surplus and Recycling Program to find out if they have a vehicle that meets the requirements. If interested in
a vehicle it is the department’s responsibility to make arrangements to inspect and
decide if it will meet their needs.
- If no acceptable vehicles are available, and the total cost is anticipated to be less
than $25,000, the department can do a limited solicitation. Remember that bids cannot be make or model specific, but must be based on requirements
of intended use.
- If total cost is anticipated to be more than $25,000, submit a purchase requisition to Procurement Services. Procurement will then issue a formal Invitation for Bid.
- Do not sign vendor provided agreements without Procurement Services review.