Gaining Career Experiences
- Assess your qualifications for work in your chosen field.
- Consult with faculty, counselors, administrators; join organizations in your chosen field. Check with Career, Internship & Student Employment Services for on-campus interview schedules and employer listings.
- Network! Network!! Network!!!
- Attend workshops on resumes, cover letters, and the interview process.
- Review and update your resume and job search correspondence.
- Practice your interview skills.
- Plan your job search campaign. Review alternate career plans.
- Begin internship, field, or clinical experiences.
- Attend the career fairs in the fall and spring.
Summer Vacation After Junior Year
- Get a summer job or internship in your chosen field; continue to obtain experience and enhance your marketability for jobs after graduation.
- Develop job-related and computer skills, if possible.
- Develop maturity and knowledge of the work place.
- Compile an inventory of your interests, skills, and qualifications as they relate to your job objective.