Job Search/Transition To Work Activities
- Kick your job search campaign into high gear; commit yourself to a thorough search. Schedule interviews on campus and on-site with as many employers as possible. Attend career fair in the fall and spring!
- Make an appointment with a Career Peer to target your job search, critique your resume, and fine-tune your interviewing and negotiating skills.
- Network! Network! And network some more!
- Discuss career opportunities with faculty and counselors, friends, Career Counselors, acquaintances, network contacts, etc.
- Identify companies and organizations that are actively recruiting job candidates.
- Keep your career-planning log updated with interview results, assessments of how you performed during job interviews, and contacts made.
- Consider and choose from among the various job offers you receive.
- Accept the job that best fits your career and professional needs.
- Let Career, Internship & Student Employment Services know of your job offers and which offer you decide to accept.
- Develop a checklist of areas to address in making your transition from college to the work place.
- Perform efficiently, be an effective team member, support your manager, and move upward in the organization!