Montana State University
MSU 2010-2012 Catalog > Former MSU Students

Former MSU Students

Students are considered former/returning students when they have attended MSU in the past, but not the immediately preceding term. The Intent to Register Form should be completed and returned to the Registrar's Office a minimum of 30 days prior to the registration period for the term desired. This form is also available at the Registrarís Office or can be mailed/faxed upon request.

Students who have earned a bachelorís degree at MSU, but are interested in taking additional work not applicable toward an advanced degree, should complete and file a Non-Degree Graduate Application with the Division of Graduate Education.

The following items are required of each former/returning student:

  1. A completed Intent to Register Form.

  2. An official transcript from each college or university attended since last attending Montana State University. After registration is complete, an evaluation of transfer credit will be provided.

  3. Students submitting an intent should file it with the Registrar's Office by the following dates:

  4. Fall Semester - July 15
    Spring Semester - December 15
    Summer Session - May 1

  5. Students who have completed a bachelor's degree at another institution since last attending MSU and are interested in pursuing another bachelor's degree should file an Intent to Register form, to declare a Second Bachelorís Degree.

  6. Returning international students must contact the Office of International Programs to determine if a new Form I-20 must be obtained to renew a student visa.

For questions or to request the Intent to Register Form, contact the Office of the Registrar at (406) 994-6650.

> Back to Table of Contents