ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE
In the Design Drafting Technology program students acquire the skills necessary for entry-level drafting jobs in the design/ drafting industry.
Outcomes: Graduates are prepared to:
- Create Construction Documents and Shop Drawings for Architects, Engineers and Manufacturers.
- Visualize and measure 3D objects and buildings and recreate them in computer-aided design software (CAD).
- Render objects and buildings for presentation in programs including: Adobe Photoshop, AutoCAD Architecture, and Impression.
- Create a complete set of residential plans using CAD software.
- Draw a site plan including topography using CAD software.
- Create thematic maps from GIS data.
- Estimate construction material quantities and building costs.
|Fall Semester I||Credits|
|DRFT 120--Blueprint Reading||2+|
|COMM 135--Interpersonal Communication||3+|
|(CAPP 120***--Intro to Computers)||(3+)|
|DRFT 131--Drawing by Hand||3+|
|DRFT 156--CAD 1||4+|
|M 152**--Precalculus Algebra||4+|
|Spring Semester 2||Credits|
|DRFT 132*--Descriptive Geometry||4+|
|DRFT 186--CAD 2||3+|
|DRFT 140--Professional Practices||3+|
|WRIT 101--College Writing I||3+|
|M 153**--Precalculus Trigonometry||3+|
|Fall Semester 3||Credits|
|DRFT 201*--Residential Drafting||3+|
|DRFT 256*--Rendering for CAD||3+|
|ITS 280*--Comp Repair & Maintenance||4+|
|MFTG 205--Manufacturing Processes||3+|
|ETCC 173--Architectural Construction and Materials||3+|
|Spring Semester 4||Credits|
|DRFT 205*--Machine Drafting||3+|
|DRFT 244*--Topo Mapping/GIS Applications/Civil||3+|
TOTAL PROGRAM CREDITS - 64 (67)
Many students need preliminary math, writing, and biology courses before enrolling in the program requirements. These courses may increase the total number of program credits. Students should review their math and English placement before planning out their full program schedules.
+ A grade of “C-“ or above is required for graduation * Indicates prerequisites needed **Placement in course(s) is determined by placement assessment. ***Students may test out of the course and receive credit.