Montana State University

MSU CatCard Office

  • Your CatCard Account

    Deposit money to your CatCard by going to your online account. It couldn't be easier.

Montana State University > MSU CatCard Office > Your Cat Card Account

CatCard Office

Montana State University
P.O. Box 174130
Bozeman, MT 59717-2220

Tel: (406) 994-CARD(2273)
Fax: (406) 994-2424
Location: 134 Strand Union

Clarinda Marcoff

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30-4:30
Saturday and Sunday: Closed

(Hours subject to change during summer or student breaks)

Your CatCard Account

Deposit to your CatCard

There are several different ways to deposit money to your CatCard account. (Minimum deposit amount of $5.00 per transaction.)

  • Deposit money on the full site or mobile site with a credit card (Visa, Discover or MasterCard) online.
  • Come to the CatCard office in the SUB, Room 134, to deposit money using cash, check and credit cards. (Visa, Discover or MasterCard)
  • You can go to the Residence Life Cashier's Office in the basement of the Miller Dining Hall to deposit using cash, check or credit cards.
  • You can call the CatCard office at 406-994-2273 and deposit with a credit card.

Report your CatCard Lost

It is the cardholder's responsibility to report their CatCard lost or stolen. It is important to report your card lost or stolen as that will suspend activity on your account until either a new card is issued or if you let us know your card has been found. The cardholder is responsible for all transactions until the CatCard is reported lost or stolen

You can report your card lost 24 hours a day by logging in to your online account or by calling 406-994-2273 (Please leave a voicemail if it's after office hours.). If you find your card and have already reported it lost, for your protection, you must come to the CatCard office at 134 Strand Union Building to get the "lost" mark taken off your card.

Lost cards do get turned in to the CatCard office on a daily basis so please stop by or call to see if your card has been turned in. There is a $15.00 charge for all re-issued cards.

Withdrawing money from your CatCash Account

The CatCard Office does not function as a bank therefore we can only issue cash withdrawals when you either withdraw from school or if it is the end of the semester.

All withdrawal requests need to be in writing. To submit a request, you can stop by the CatCard office and fill out a withdrawal request form, submit a letter or email. Withdrawals in person $10.00 and under can be refunded at the time of the request in the form of cash. All withdrawals over $10.00 are posted to your student account. The refund will be applied to any balance due on your student account. If the remaining balance on your student account is $10.00 or more you will be issued a refund via direct deposit or a check mailed to the address listed in My Info. Refunds will not be issued for balances less than $10.00.

You can request a Widthdrawal using our online widthdrawal request form. Click here.

We encourage you to choose direct deposit. Direct Deposit information can be found on the MSU website at: Direct Deposit refunds are issued three times per week. If you choose to have a check mailed, you must make sure your address information is accurate in MyInfo. Checks are only issued to the address listed in MyInfo. Please allow 1-3 weeks to receive your check in the mail.

International Students - If you are leaving the country, you must visit the CatCard office to request a withdrawal. Please come to the CatCard office at least 2 days before leaving the country. The CatCard office will need a copy of your travel itinerary. If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call the CatCard office directly at 994-2273.

Emailed or letter requests must list your name, the last four digits of your GID number, reason for withdrawal, and your date of birth (for verification purposes). Please make sure your address information is accurate in MyInfo. Checks are only issued to the address listed in MyInfo. Please allow 1-3 weeks to receive your check in the mail.

CatCash funds will stay on accounts for two years after departing Montana State University