- Employment History
- Professional Activities and Service
- Courses Taught Recently
- M.S. Structural Engineering, Montana State University 1992
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Montana State University 1990
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana, 1997 to date.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana, 1991-1992.
- Structural Engineer. CH2M HILL, Inc., Corvallis, Oregon. 1992-1997. Employed in the structural department of a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm. Projects included structural design of buildings, industrial process facilities, water and wastewater treatment plants, and reservoirs. Experiences included services during construction, onsite inspections, and drafting of specifications and contracts. Frequent use of various structural codes, including the UBC and BOCA, with emphasis on concrete, steel, and masonry design. Project manager of seismic retrofit evaluation project for all of Oregon’s existing bridges. The project involved a large project staff, extensive client interaction, sub-consultant management, and software development.
With R. Groff, Prioritization of Oregon Bridges for Seismic Retrofit, Proceedings of the National Seismic Conference on Bridges and Highways, San Diego, CA, 1995.
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Member, American Society of Engineering Educators
- Member, Structural Engineers Association of Oregon
- ASCE 2000 Zone IV Faculty Advisor Certificate of Commendation
- Registered Professional Engineer: Oregon #19,233
- MT Section of ASCE Listserve/Newsletter/Webpage Coordinator
- Organizing Committee - Spring Engineering Festival
- Various K-12 Outreach Activities
- Department - Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Advisor - MSU Student Chapter of ASCE
- Supervisor - Senior Design Room
- Supervisor - Outreach Laboratory
|Intro to Civil Engineering||1||Fall 2006|
|CE 315||Structures II||3||Fall 2006|
|CE 457||Senior Project I||2||Fall 2006|
|CE 458||Senior Project II||2||Fall 2006|