- Accountants are business professionals who work with people to identify,
analyze, and solve business problems. Completing an accounting option opens
the door to a wide range of career opportunities.
- The accounting option is designed to help students develop the necessary
technical expertise and broad-based business knowledge required for long-term
success in careers such as auditing/assurance, tax consulting, corporate
accounting/finance, not-for-profit/government, financial analysis/venture
capital, and financial planning.
- The undergraduate accounting program
prepares students for careers in industry and with federal and state
- Students planning to pursue CPA certification or advanced financial positions
should also complete the Master of Professional Accountancy program.
frequently ranks in the top 10 universities in the nation for
pass rate on the CPA exam. MSU
business students also consistently rank in the 90th percentile in the nation
on the Major
Field Test for Business. Small classes taught by highly skilled faculty
give MSU accounting students a very competitive edge.
- Students completing MSU's undergraduate and graduate accounting programs are highly sought after by employers.
- Accounting Professor Receives Highest Accounting Taxation Assocation Honor
- A Professional Edge: Garrett Shaw ('13)
- Accounting Student Receives Prestigious National Scholarship
- Beta Alpha Psi Team Places Third in Best Practices Competition
- Accounting Student is Honored with Top MSU Award for Community Involvement
- Molly Zander Receives Scholarship for Awareness of Fraud
- Six Accounting Students Travel to Alaska as Volunteer Tax Preparers
- Accounting Student Receives Top Community Involvement Award
- MPAc Professional Workshop Resonates with Students
- Beta Alpha Psi Team Takes Second Place at Regional Competition
- Sophie Mumford Receives Prestigious National Scholarship
- Kyle Blessinger Awarded Pacific Northwest Chapter/ACFE Scholarship
- College of Business Recruiting Fairs Have Record Attendance
- Long-time MSU COB Accounting Professor Passes Away
- MSU College of Business Students Spend Spring Break Volunteering
- Meet the recruiters and accounting recruiters fair a success
- Accounting alumnus receives honorary doctorate
- MSU accounting students offer free tax help
- MSU College of Business seniors score in 90th percentile in U.S.
- Accounting professor receives manuscript award
- MSU accounting students win scholarships
- MSU accounting students win team case presentation award