College of Business Students and Faculty Honors Announced
Every year, the College of Business (CoB) recognizes students and faculty in the spring for their accomplishments throughout the year.
Four students, one in each option, were awarded the Dean’s Award for Excellence during the graduation celebration on Friday, May 4, 2012 . Award recipients were chosen by the faculty.
· Accounting Option: Molly Zander
· Finance Option: Kaitlyn Ash
· Management Option: Jennifer Brien
· Marketing Option: Kristin Abhold
The following special awards were announced during the spring CoB scholarship banquet which took place in April:
· Dean’s Award for Excellence (Master of Professional Accountancy Program [MPAc]): Loretta Hemingway
· Alfred L. Day Academic Excellence Award: Jennifer Brien and Molly Zander
· Montana Society of CPAs Medallion Award: Jay Trotter
· Bracken Professionalism Award: Katherine Snapp
· Harrington’s Bottling Company Student Mentorship Award in Honor of Bob Arrotta: Kevin Peterson
This year, seven professors received honors, based on outstanding performances in teaching, research and service. Some of the awards, provided through endowment programs, give faculty members financial resources for scholarly and pedagogical development.
Angela Woodland, assistant professor of accounting, received the Thomas Nopper Excellence in Teaching Award. This award is given annually to a faculty member who has made significant contributions to the teaching mission of the CoB and is bestowed at the discretion of the dean.
This year’s recipient for the Joe and Sharlene Loendorf Excellence in Teaching Award was Gary Bishop, adjunct instructor of management. This award is also bestowed at the discretion of the dean.
CoB colleagues selected the following faculty members for special performance recognition awards:
· Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Teaching: Bonita Peterson Kramer, professor of accounting
· Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Research: Gary Caton, associate professor of finance
· Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Service: Frank Kerins, associate professor of finance
Bruce Raymond, associate dean for administration and finance, was voted by his peers to receive the 2012 Code of Excellence Award. This award recognizes the recipient’s commitment and positive effect on the lives of all members of the CoB community.
Other Faculty Profiles:Anne Christensen, Accounting professor works for students' best interests
Linda Ward helps launch business students to professional success
MSU business professor wins $100,000 NSF grant with research team
Long-time MSU COB Accounting Professor Passes Away
Alzheimer Recognized for Work with High School Business Programs
MSU College of Business AACSB Accreditation Reaffirmed