Students and Faculty Honors Announced
Every year, the Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship (JJCBE) recognizes students and faculty in the spring for their accomplishments throughout the year.
Four students, one in each option, were awarded the Dean’s Award for Excellence during the graduation celebration on Friday, May 3, 2013 . Award recipients were chosen by the faculty.
· Accounting Option: Alyssa Sipes
· Finance Option: Amanda Johnson
· Management Option: Lynnea Nelson
· Marketing Option: Hunter Metcalf
The following special awards were announced during the spring JJCBE scholarship banquet which took place in April:
· Dean’s Award for Excellence (Master of Professional Accountancy Program [MPAc]): Molly Zander
· Alfred L. Day Academic Excellence Award: Alyssa Sipes
· Montana Society of CPAs Medallion Award: Katie Majerus
· Bracken Professionalism Award: Mikaleen Lowe
· Harrington’s Bottling Company Student Mentorship Award in Honor of Bob Arrotta: Arnie Kleinsasser
This year, six professors received honors, based on outstanding performances in teaching, research and service. Some of the awards, provided through endowment programs, give faculty members financial resources for scholarly and pedagogical development.
Brent Rosso, assistant professor of management, received the Thomas Nopper Excellence in Teaching Award. This award is given annually to a faculty member who has made significant contributions to the teaching mission of the JJCBE.
This year’s recipient for the Joe and Sharlene Loendorf Excellence in Teaching Award was Graham Austin, assistant professor of marketing. This award is given annually to a faculty member who has made an impact through successful teaching and mentoring of students.
JJCBE colleagues selected the following faculty members for special performance recognition awards:
· Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Teaching: Greg Durham, associate professor of finance
· Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Research: Laura Black, associate professor of management
· Dean’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Service: Frank Kerins, associate professor of finance
Other Faculty Profiles and Achievements:
Accounting Professor Bonita Peterson Kramer is Awarded Prestigious Lybrand Award
2013 Awards for Excellence Honors Seniors and Faculty Mentors
Laura Black Honored with 2013 MSU Mentoring Award
Craig Ehlert Appointed to National Board
Accounting Professor, Bonita Peterson Kramer, Awarded Teaching Innovation Award
CoB Seniors and Faculty Mentors Honored at 2012 Awards for Excellence
Anne Christensen Appointed to the Editorial Board of Issues in Accounting Education
Craig Ehlert Appointed Examiner for 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
Students and Faculty Honored During 2011 Graduation Celebration
Anne Christensen, Accounting professor works for students' best interests
Linda Ward helps launch business students to professional success
Four CoB Seniors and Faculty Honored with Awards for Excellence
MSU business professor wins $100,000 NSF grant with research team
Long-time MSU COB Accounting Professor Passes Away
Alzheimer Recognized for Work with High School Business Programs
MSU College of Business AACSB Accreditation Reaffirmed