Bracken Scholars - Students who demonstrate academic excellence can apply to become a Bracken Scholar. Bracken Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis through a competitive application process. Awards are based solely on merit. A designation as Bracken Scholar carries with it a monetary stipend. Entering Freshman through Senior students may apply.
Bracken Senate Finance Committee Internship - Each year, students are selected for this internship. Students work for a semester as an intern on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee. One scholarship is available per year.
Bracken International Fellowships - Scholarships for international activities are available to College of Business students. We typically award several scholarships of up to $1,000 each for international activity to occur during Academic Year 2012-2013.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
- Activity must involve travel to a foreign destination
- Activity must have a substantial academic component (e.g. study abroad, internship, summer program)
- Preference will be given to students participating in COB programs for which the COB does not already offer scholarships (i.e. exchanges to National University of Ireland, Galway; Jönköping University; Ecole Superior de Commerce, Marseille; internship at Sony, Mexicali). However, COB students participating in other programs also are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Formal admission to COB by time of travel
- Strong academic performance at MSU and College of Business
- Strong justification for participating in the activity
December 1, 2013 for 2014 travel. March 1, 2014 if funds are still available
For more information and application form, please contact Linda Ward, 457 Reid, 994-1995, email@example.com
Internship Opportunities - There are many internship opportunities. Please consult Linda Ward in The Bracken Center (457 Reid Hall) for the most current information.
For more information about other Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship scholarships, click here.