Faculty representation is vital to the Commencement exercises, and we welcome your participation. Notification from you by Monday, December 5th is essential to allow plans and arrangements for seating. RSVP will be available beginning March 15th.
Faculty RSVP: Commencement 2014
The Faculty Line of March for the Processional will assemble in the South tunnel of the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse.
There is only one ceremony for Fall Commencement.
Assemble at 9:00 am and the Processional begins at 9:40 a.m. for the morning ceremony and the following Colleges will be celebrated.
The morning ceremony will celebrate the following colleges:
- Arts and Architecture
- Education, Health and Human Development
- Gallatin College
- Letters and Science
Please note: Some faculty will line up in a separate area for the Major Professor & Doctoral Student Processional. The Associate and Assistant Deans will sit with their individual college bachelor degree candidates.
CAP AND GOWN ARE REQUIRED
Contact Heather Winslow (406) 994-3815 at the MSU Bookstore in the Strand Union Building or visit the MSU Bookstore for more information.
Student Banner Marshal
Provided by Registrar's Office on day of the Commencement Ceremony
Morning of Commencement - Preparation for ceremony:
- Arrive dressed up in Basketball/ Volleyball offices at 9:00 a.m.
- Have some breakfast.
- Find a gown that fits and collect your banner to carry.
- At 9:30am, you will process to your designated area with your banner. You will find your specific college and wait for your turn to enter the arena.
- At 9:40am, the music will begin and this will start the processional.
- You will lead your college in and stand aside while they file into their seats. There will be ushers guiding the students into the seats, so please step back, but do not leave your college until after all of them have been seated in their rows.
- Once your college has been seated, you will process to the back of the arena and place your banner in its proper stand, then go and stand in front of your chair.
- Please remain standing until the President has asked you to be seated.
Ceremony (taking students across stage):
- You will collect your banner, walk to your designated college and usher them to the stage. You will walk across the stage with the banner and then re-seat the students. There will be a second marshal to count students to make sure all graduates from that college follow.
- Go back to first row as a marker where your college was seated.
- Please return the banner to the stand and take your seat when done.
- After ceremony, please take your satin banners back to the Basketball/ Volleyball office.