Core 2.0 Overview
CORE 2.0 is built on five Foundation courses, and on Inquiry and Research & Creative Experience courses in Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences and Social Sciences.
- University Seminar (US)
- College Writing (W)
- Quantitative Reasoning (Q)
- Diversity (D)
- Contemporary Issues in Science (CS)
Ways of Knowing (Inquiry and Research & Creative Experience Courses)
All students must take at least one core course in each of the following areas:
All students must take at least one (1) approved Research & Creative Experience course. Students may take an approved Research & Creative Experience course in one of these four areas OR they may take a separate Research & Creative Experience course in any discipline, including the Undergraduate Scholars Program (USP 490R).
- Total number of courses: 9, if the Research and Creative Experience requirement is completed as part of the requirements in Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences or Social Sciences; otherwise 10.
- A grade of C- or better is required in all Core courses.
- Completion of at least two approved natural science courses with a grade of C- or better satisfies both the Contemporary Issues in Science and the Natural Science Inquiry requirements. Individual substitutions for one requirement or the other are not permissible.
- Completion of UH 202 with a grade of C- or better satisfies the Humanities Inquiry requirement.