Exploring and defining creativity and problem solving in a collaborative, inquiry based atmosphere.
Life in the CRLab
What is the Creative Research Lab?
The Creative Research Lab (CRLab) is located within the College of Arts & Architecture (CAA), at Montana State University - Bozeman. Working with faculty and students of the College, the CRLab coordinates funded, applied research and creative projects that are multidisciplinary, and collaborative. In addition to the College's schools of Art, Music, Film/Photography and Architecture, CRLab projects can include students and faculty from the other Colleges within the University, as well as University-level organizations.
CRLab Current Projects
The REHAU-MONTANA ecoSMART House Project website
REHAU, and the Montana State University CRLab and a team of experts are collaborating to research, design, and build a sustainable Montana home, optimize its systems and share cutting-edge research and technology with green building pioneers. Sustainable, LowEnergy Use, Acessible Design.
+ View live on-site webcam
+ View videos
The Montana College Access Challenge Grant Project
go2collegeMT is a statewide Montana education project and part of the national College Access Challenge Grant (CACG) program. CACG is a federal U.S. Department of Education program that enables all states to address issues to increase underrepresented students to continue with their education and go to college.
CRLab in the News
- Presenting at Livable Communities: People, Place, Connections, May 23-25, 2011 Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Place: Regional Case Studies.
- Kitty Saylor, CEO of REHAU featured in MSU Mountains & Mind - April 2011
- MSU tours Germany with REHAU - March 2011
- CRLab attends CACG Project Directors Meeting, March 10-11, 2011 Washington D.C.
- CRLab members speak at XLi 2011 - Third Annual Extended Learning Institute - March 8, 2011 Educational Tech Innovations in the MSU Creative Research Lab
- CRLab Director named Montana Ambassador
- CRLab presents at Wheeler Center Fall Conference on Education
- CRLab participate in Virtual Worlds Workshop at Magleås, Denmark - June 2010
- MSU students, graduates collaborate on ecosmart house in Bozeman - May 2010
- 2010 -CRLab Director participates in Sustainability and Business Conference, Portland PSU joint presentation with MSU College of Business
- CRLab presents at University in Turku, Finland - Virtual Worlds conference - November 2010
- Virtual World Presentation of CRLab work- 2010 VWBPE (Virtual World’s Best Practicing in Education)
- AIA Architect - Profile - February 2009
- Italian Editor recognizes CRLab's Alt Space course, Dec. 12, 2007: Alternative Creative Space in SL. PDF of blog entry here.
- POD Tech, Sept. 25, 2007: Teaching Architecture via Second Life -- Interview with Terry Beaubois.
- Second Life Grid, Sept. 2007: A Globally Networked Virtual Classroom. and Digital Collaboration for Architects.
- Catalyst, Aug. 2007: Architecture professor uses virtual world as design lab.
- CRLab YouTube Video
- Architectural Record, Jan. 2007: Second Life and Google Earth are transforming the idea of architectural collaboration.
- Newsweeks Int’l, July 30, 2007: Alternative Universe.
- Metaverse Messenger, January 17, 2007: Architecture principle sustains SL interest.
- Popular Science, Sept. 2006: An online virtual world that is reshaping the internet