Commuter Meal Plans
The student Code of Conduct applies in all Residence Dining Commons. Inappropriate behavior or theft will not be tolerated.
HOURS & ADMISSION
During the academic year with the exception of holidays, food will be served until 7PM, or 10PM on late nights.Please leave no later than 30 minutes after the dining halls' posted closing time.Do not attempt to enter the dining hall after it closes.
Do not prop doors open to let other visitors in.Do not attempt to "just walk through" without paying or swiping your CatCard.
Using other people's CatCards to get into the dining hall is not permitted.
For residence meal plan holders: without a CatCard, you will not be admitted to the dining commons. Giving your CatCard to someone else to use to enter could result in your meal plan being revoked.
Please take dishes to the dish drop.Please pick up food, napkins, and silverware dropped on floor. Please inform employess and/or managers of spills or messes.
EXITING & THEFT
Valid meal plan holders make takeonebagel, piece of fruit, one ice cream novelty ordessert to go. Sandwiches, pizza, burgers and all other food items are not allowed to be taken out of the dining commons.
Do not take any dining hall property out of the dining commons (i.e. dishes, silverware, napkin dispensers, salt/pepper shakers, condiments, etc.) Theft or distruction of dining hall property will not be tolerated.
Printed posters and table tents are not allowed in or around the dining halls.
- Only registered MSU student organizations or candidates for MSU elected office, and MSU Offices and Departments may submit a posting for the digital displays in the dining hall entrances at MSU. Organizations or candidates submitting an advertisement for the dining hall digital displays must submit the advertisement for review by Culinary Services to assure it complies with University policies. Organizations may be given "blanket approval" for posting in the dining halls. Organizations with "blanket approval" must follow all of the guidelines for posting set below.
- Submissions must be emailed as a JPEG (1080 x 1920px) @72dpi to Culinary Services at email@example.com. If approved as meeting the university requirements, the submissions will be distributed by culinary services personnel.
- Registered MSU student organizations must submit advertisements to Culinary Services at least five (5) working days prior to their event. Culinary Services reserves the right to deny advertisements that have not been submitted at least five (5) working days prior to the event.
- Advertisements making any mention of alcohol, drugs, or tobacco either implied or explicit, will not be approved.
- Advertisements will remain on the digital displays for a maximum of seven (7) days (MSU Departments may request an exception.).
The Office of University Housing & Culinary Services (UHCS) allows registered student organizations and University departments to request a table in the entrances to the dining halls for the purpose of presenting information to students.
- Registered MSU student organizations and University departments must request an information table with Culinary Services at least five (5) working days prior to their event. Culinary Services reserves the right to deny information table requests that have not been submitted at least five (5) working days prior to the event.
- All requests are subject to approval and scheduled on a "first come, first serve" basis.
- The table must be set up in a place designated by Culinary Services staff.
- The registered group’s name and purpose must be clearly stated and visible to students approaching that table.
- The registered group must provide their own table and chairs.
The Registered Student Organization or University Department approved for an information table may not:
- Require students to stop at their table or physically attempt to stop them.
- Require students to give their room, hall or telephone number to receive information or qualify for raffles, drawings, etc. If students willingly give this information, the registered student organization or university department may not provide this information to any other party.
- Advertise or discuss alcohol, drugs, or tobacco with students.
- Leave their table and approach students in other areas of the hall.
- Call out to or harass students as they pass the table.
- Impede foot traffic through the entrance to the dining halls or create any safety hazard or blocked exit.
- Registered student organizations or departments that violate any University policy, and/or submit false information or misrepresentations in their requests and communications with any University personnel or resident, will be prohibited from future activities in any University Housing & Culinary Services areas and any permissions previously granted may be withdrawn.
Distribution of coupons is not permitted.
- To promote and enhance the safety, security and privacy of students living on campus, canvassing is prohibited in and around the dining halls.
Please contact Culinary Services at 406-994-2661 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.