EIND 422 INTRODUCTION TO SIMULATION
- F 3 cr. LEC 3
- PREREQUISITE: CSCI 111 or equivalent, and EIND 354 or equivalent.
- Discrete simulation modeling methodology; random number generation, sampling, output
analysis, validation, and verification; application to varied systems design and analysis
problems. Cross-listed with CSCI 477.
- This course uses several simulation software such as Arena and Simio* simulation software.
EIND 458 PRODUCTION AND ENGINEERING MANAGEMENT
- S 3 cr. LEC 3
- COREQUISITE: EIND 464 or Instructor Consent.
- Design and management of efficient production/delivery systems for goods and services,
emphasizing quantitative analysis and systems approaches. Topics include forecasting,
inventory management, production planning, scheduling, material planning, and lean
manufacturing systems; plus introduction to organization and management theory.
EIND 464 PRINCIPLES OF OPERATIONS RESEARCH II
- S 3 cr. LEC 3
- PREREQUISITE: EIND 354 and EIND 364
- Advanced formulation of models, optimization techniques and application to engineering
design and operations management decision making. Nonlinear and integer programming
algorithms. Stochastic models including advanced queuing and general markov processes.
EIND 506 DESIGN OF HEALTHCARE DELIVERY SYSTEMS
- S, alternate years, to be offered even years, 3 cr. LEC 3
- PREREQUISITE: NRSG 505 or EIND 458 or instructor's permission.
- This interdisciplinary course targets nursing students pursuing certification as a
Clinical Nurse Leader and Industrial Engineering students who intend to work in the
healthcare sector. Students will learn strategies for analyzing and improving processes,
coordinating interdisciplinary healthcare teams, enhancing healthcare quality management,
and reducing health risk through medical error elimination. This course is cross-listed
with NRSG 506.
EIND 509 SYSTEMS SIMULATION
- F, alternate years, to be offered odd years, 3 cr. LEC 3
- PREREQUISITE: CSCI 111, EIND 354, EIND 422; or consent of instructor.
- Systems exhibiting randomness are modeled and statistically analyzed using a state-of-the-art
simulation language. Graphical model animation, and advanced output analysis are emphasized.
Applications include improvement of existing and design of new production and service
EIND 525 MULTI-ATTRIBUTE ANALYSIS OF ADVANCED MANUFACTURING AND SERVICE SYSTEMS
- F, alternate years, to be offered even years 3 cr. LEC 3
- PREREQUISITE: EIND 364.
- Theory, methods and applications pertinent to decision making with multiple attributes
and/or multiple objectives. Special emphasis is given to multi-attribute utility theory,
goal programming, and multiple criteria optimization decision-making in modern manufacturing
and service systems and in design decision-making to support competitive priorities
of an enterprise.