Accessing Turnitin Feedback Studio Site
For learners to access Turnitin, instructors must enable GradeMark and elect to make Turnitin Similarity Reports and/or GradeMark accessible to learners
Certain instructor-selected conditions apply to enable learner access to the Turnitin Feedback Studio site.
If granted access via folder set-up, to get to the Turnitin Feedback Studio site, learners must be in the Assignments area of a course, and must have submitted an assignment.
Learners select the link in the "Completion Status" area to access submission history associated with their assignment submission. If an evaluation has been published, learners can also select the link in the "Evaluation Status" column to access feedback related to the submitted assignment.*
The first tme a user accesses the Turnitin Feedback Studio site, users are presented with the Turnitin User Agreement. Selecting the "I agree" button will give access to the area.
Dependent on what the instructor has selected when enabling Turnitin for an assignments folder, learners will see different looks:
When viewing submission history or feedback for an assignment, learners will see various displays after selecting any link in either the "Completion Status" or "Evaluation Status" columns.
Variations related to instructor Tii set-up:
- If the "Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores..." IS NOT selected and GradeMark IS NOT utilized, learners will NOT see any icons in the submissions/evaluation area of a Turnitin enabled assignments folder
- if the "Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores..." IS selected, and GradeMark IS NOT utilized, learners will see the "Turnitin Similarity" icon alone in the User Submissions area
- if the "Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores..." IS NOT selected but GradeMark IS being utilized learners will see a Turnitin GradeMark link for selection after the instructor has used GradeMark and published feedback to the assignment folder
- if the "Allow learners to see Turnitin similarity scores..." IS selected, and GradeMark IS being used, two icons will display to the learner (as in the image above)
- selection of any icon brings the user to the Turnitin Feedback Studio site
Note that the availability of options in Feedback Studio are dependent on what options the instructor selects.
Turnitin System Status page - select this link for information (will open in a new window or tab dependent on browser settings)
Note also that all Turnitin services and related websites (Turnitin, Originality Check, GradeMark) may be unavailable for use during scheduled maintenance times. Times for these scheduled maintenance windows are available via this area.
Turnitin indicates that where applicable, no submissions or grading will be possible through any of the services listed during announced maintenance times.
- Instructors are encouraged to set assignment due dates that avoid these scheduled maintenance windows for Turnitin services.
- Learners are encouraged to submit assignments in advance of assigned due dates.
*workflows described in this document are only one way to perform the tasks - there may be other looks and/or routines that end up delivering the same results to the user
NOTE: What dialogue box windows look like and how dialogue box windows and browsers interact is dependent upon the operating system and browser being used. The screenshots in this tutorial may differ from the screen that the user is viewing when performing the actions described in this tutorial.