- Gilpin, G., J. Saunders, and C. Stoddard. "Why Have For-Profit Colleges Expanded so Rapidly? The Role of Labor Market Changes in Student Enrollment and Degree Completion at Two-Year Colleges." Forthcoming at Economics of Education Review.
- Bekkerman, A. and G. Gilpin. "On Understanding Inconsistent Disciplinary Behavior in Schools." Forthcoming at Applied Economic Letters.
- Bekkerman, A., and G. Gilpin. 2014. "Can Equitable Punishment be Mandated? Estimating Impacts of Sentencing Guidelines on Disciplinary Disparities." International Review of Law and Economics 40(3): 51-61.
- Bekkerman A. and G. Gilpin. 2013. "High-speed Internet Growth and the Demand for Locally Accessible Information Content." Journal of Urban Economics 77: 1-10.
- Gilpin, G. and M. Kaganovich. 2012. "The Quantity and Quality of Teachers: Dynamics of the Trade-Off." Journal of Public Economics 96: 417-429.
- Gilpin, G. 2012. "Teacher Salaries and Teacher Aptitude: An Analysis Using Quantile Regressions." Economics of Education Review 31(3):15-29.
- Gilpin, G. and A. Bekkerman. 2012. "Cost-effective hiring in US high schools: estimating optimal
teacher quantity and quality decisions." Applied Economics Letters 19(14): 1421-1424.
- Gilpin, G. 2011. "Reevaluating the Effect of Non-Teaching Wages on Teacher Attrition." Economics of Education Review 30(4): 598-616, August.