- Dr. Myles Watts, Gary Brester and Vince Smith, along with Nick Richard, win FFA Blue & Gold Golf Tournament
- Jane Boyd, Student Services administrative assistant, was selected as the College of Agriculture Student Council's Friend of the Student award for her organization, dedication, and knowledge, and willingness to exceed expectations to help faculty and students be successful. As one student remarked, "I probably would not be graduating without Jane's help!" Congratulations on this well-deserved honor!
- Dr. David Buschena was selected as the 2010 College of Agriculture Student Council's Outstanding Faculty award for his passion for teaching and his commitment to helping students.
- Marsha A. Goetting received the Continued Excellence Service Award form the National Extension Association of 4-H Agents.
- Teri Ness was named as an Outstanding Senior by the Western Agricultural Economics Association. The award recognizes outstanding undergraduate seniors who have achieved excellence in their academic endeavors and of whom much is expected of their future contribution to agriculture, resource, and/or environmental economics in the Western United States.
- Duane Griffith, Extension Economics, has been selected as a winner of the 2010 Western Extension Director’s Award of Excellence in multistate programming. His team’s program “Ag in Uncertain Times” was selected for this award, which is the highest honor that can be received from the Western Extension Directors Association. The award was presented at the Western Regional Deans and Directors meeting in Tucson in July. The Web site for the program is: http://farmmanagement.org/aginuncertaintimes/
- Dr. Wendy Stock has been presented the James and Mary Ross Provost's Award for Excellence. She was recognized for excellence in teaching and scholarship. (04/2010)
- Katy Hansen, an industrial engineering/economics major, is one of two seniors that has won the 2010 Torlief Aasheim Community Involvement Awards, the university's top award for student service. (02/17/2010, MSU News Service)
- Dr. Anton Bekkerman has been named the AAEA Foundation 2010 Heading South Award winner. (AAEA Foundation Vol. 31, No.6) 0
- Congratulations to all DAEE 2010 graduates in the Master's of Science degree program in Applied Economics and Bachelor of Science degree program in Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- President Obama intents to nominate Dr. Myles J. Watts to Farmer Mac board. (02/05/2010, By Evelyn Boswell, MSU News Service
- Drs. Wendy Stock and Gary Brester, Guest Columnist, Bozeman Daily Chronicle Opinion Letter, (12/13/2010)
- Dr. Wendy Stock, DAEE Head and professor, and Paul Polzin, professor emeritus of the Bureau of Business and Economic Research at the University of Montana, were part of an economic panel discussing the recession and the slow rebound during the 35th annual economic seminar at MSU-Billings. (02/03/2010, Billings Gazette)
- During the 35th annual seminar by the University of Montana Bureau of Business and Economic Research, Dr. Wendy Stock, DAEE Head and professor, spoke about the gender gap in Montana's jobless rate during this recession. (02/03/2010), Billings Gazette)
Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics
Montana State University
P.O. Box 172920
Bozeman, MT 59717-2920
Tel: (406) 994-3701
Fax: (406) 994-4838
Location: 306 Linfield Hall
Dr. Wendy Stock