- Nicolas Merener, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, "Concentrated Production and Heavy Tails in Commodities"
- Timothy Moore, George Washington University, "TBD" 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. Brown Bag Topic
- Ebonya Washington, Yale University
- Ben Cowen, Washington State University, "Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance and the Gender Wage Gap"
- Daniel Rees, University of Colorado-Denver, "On-Premises Liquor Licenses and Violent Crime"
- Benjamin Hansen, University of Oregon
- Nicole Hair, University of Michigan, "Poverty and Academic Achievement; Insights form the Developing Brain"
- Joe Atwood, MSU (with Saleem Shaik, North Dakota State University and Glenn Helmers, Prof. Emeritus, University of Nebraska-Lincoln). "Quantile DEA: A Direct Linear Programming Based Approach"
- Ben Cowan, Washington State University. "Testing For Educational Credit Constraints using Heterogeneity in Individual Time Preferences"
- Lance Lochner, University of Western Ontario. "Re-Designing Student Loan Programs: A Difficult Balancing Act"
- Josh Hill, MSU-Billings. "The Agency Problem of Empire: British Mechanisms for Constraining Governor Behavior"
- Anton Bekkerman (MSU). “Revisiting the Determinants of Futures Contracts: The Curious Case of
Distillers’ Dried Grain,” with Hernan A. Tejada (Utah State University).
- Rebecca Lessem, Carnegie Mellon. “Decomposing the Native-Immigrant Wage Gap in the United States”
- Jason Pearcy (MSU) with Vince Smith (MSU). “The Tangled Web of Agricultural Insurance: Evaluating the Impacts of Government Policy.”
- Carly Urban (MSU) with Max Schmeiser (Federal Reserve Board). “State Mandated Financial Education and Later-Life Financial Well- Being
- Claus Portner, Seattle University. "Income Shocks, Contraceptive Use, and Timing of Fertility."
- Mike Hanlon, Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation & University of Washington. "What Determines the Allocation of Development Assistance for Health, and How Does the Allocation Impact Population Health?"
- David Reiley, Yahoo! Research. "Does Retail Advertising Work? Measuring the Effects of Advertising on Sales via a Controlled Experiment on Yahoo!" with R. Lewis (Yahoo! Research
- "The Impact of Family Leave Laws on Cesarean Delivery," with Chris Stoddard (MSU) and Elise Hogenson
- Obama and Romney: Policy and Economics in the 2012 Presidential Election poster (click here for links to presentations)
- Greg Gilpin, MSU. "An Empirical Analysis of Racial Bias in Crime Reporting to Law Enforcement: The Case of Public Schools."
- Randy Rucker, MSU (with Wally Thurman and Michael Burgett). "Market Responses to an Environmental Disaster, The Case of Colony Collapse Disorder."
- P.J. Hill, Professor Emeritus, MSU. "When is the Tragedy of the Commons Not a Tragedy?"
- Michael Boland, Kansas State University (with John Crespi (Kansas State University)). "Economic Obsolescence and Government Policy." March 28, 2011.
- Joe Atwood, MSU (with Ali Bittinger (Univ. of Minnesota)). "Developing Consistent Marginal Effect Estimates in a imultaneous Equation Model with Limited Dependent Variables." April 6, 2011.
- Jon Yoder, Washington State University (with Jude Bayham (WSU)). "Wildfire Hazards."
- Mary Beth Walker, Georgia State University. "High School Crime and Academic Achievement."
- Eric Belasco, MSU. "The Relationship Between Extreme Weather and Production Thresholds in Beef Cattle Production."
- Jason Pearcy, MSU (with Scott Savage, University of Colorado). "The Effects of International Simple Resale on Prices in International Telecommunications Markets."
- Rob Fleck, MSU (with F. Andrew Hannsen (Colby College)). "Judicial Review as a Constraint on Tyranny of the Majority." March 8, 2010.
- A.J. Felkey, Lake Forest College. "Covenant Marriages: Increasing Commitment or Just Costs?" March 31, 2010.
- Wendy Stock, MSU. "Cheap and Effective? The Impact of Student-Let Recitation Sessions on Learning Outcomes in Introductory Economics." April 7, 2010.
- Greg Gilpin, MSU (with D. Chris Ferguson (University of Wisconsin-Stout)). "Contract Rigidities and the Quantity of Teachers: An Analysis of Differential Effects Across Teaching-subject Areas." April 28, 2010
- Guest Speaker John Siegfried, American Economic Association & Vanderbilt University, “What Does Intercollegiate Athletics Do To or For Colleges and Universities?” May, 2010.
- Dean Lueck, University of Arizona (with Gary D. Libecap (University of California, Santa Barbara)). “Land Demarcation and the Role of Coordinating Institutions.” September 8, 2010
- Michael Carter, University of California-Davis. "The Impact of Interlinked Index Insurance and Credit Contacts on Financial Market Deepening and Small Farm Productivity." September 13, 2010
- Vince Smith, MSU (with Joseph Glauber (Chief Economist, USDA and Robert Dismukes (USDA/ERS))). "Rent Dissipation in the Agricultural Insurance Industry." October 13, 2010
- Anton Bekkerman and Greg Gilpin, MSU. "Are Traditional Information Tools Going Out of Fashion? An Empirical Investigation of Growing Internet Accessibility on the Demand for Library Services." October 20, 2010
- Guest Speaker John Siegfried, American Economic Association & Vanderbilt University. "Better Living through Economics." Dec. 6, 2010.
- Doug Young, MSU (with Vinish Kathuria (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay)). "Economic Growth and Regional Inequality in India.." Oct. 21, 2009.
- Anton Bekkerman, MSU. "Don't Compensate, Mitigate: Welfare Impacts of Check-Off Programs for Wind-Borne Diseases in the U.S." Nov. 4, 2009.
- Guest Speaker, Dr. Jon Christianson, Chair, Health Policy & Management, University of Minnesota. "Implications of Health Care Reform for Rural America." Nov. 12, 2009.
- Joe Atwood, MSU. "Cash Flow vs. Collateral Based Lending: Is There a More Informative Middle 'C'." Dec. 2, 2009.
- Christopher Timmins, Duke University (with Kelly Bishop (Washington University)). "Simple, Consistent Estimation of the Marginal Willingness to Pay Function: Recovering Rosen's Second Stage without Instrumental Variables." Oct. 6, 2008.
- Robert Deacon, University of California-Santa Barbara (with Christopher Costello and Nick Parker)). "The Efficiency Gains from Coordinating Effort in a Fishery: Evidence from the Chignik Salmon Cooperative." Oct. 22, 2008.
- Mark Anderson, University of Washington. "Estimating the Economic Value of Ice Climbing in Hyalite Canyon: An Application of Travel Cost Count Data Models that Account for Excess Zeros." revised Nov. 2008.
- David Buschena MSU (with John Batastini),"Measuring the Impacts of Wolves on the 'Market' for Elk Hunting: Hunter Adjustment and Game Agency Response." June 20, 2007.
- A. Hanssen MSU. "Vertical Integration During the Hollywood Studio Era." Aug. 22, 2007.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf and Garima Bhalla. "Do Households Value Competition Among Public Schools? A Natural Experiment." Sept. 5, 2007.
- Ray Fair. "Estimated Age Effects in Baseball." Sept. 24, 2007
- Steven Trejo, University of Texas, Austin. "Intermarriage and the Intergenerational Transmission of Ethnic Identity and Human Capital for Mexican Americans." Nov. 8, 2007.
- James Brown, Dino Falaschetti MSU, and Michael Orlando–presented by Dino Falaschetti. "Auditor Independence and Earnings' Quality: Evidence for Market Discipline vs. Proscriptive Regulation." Sept. 6, 2006.
- Jim Robison-Cox. "Agent-Based Models: Background and an Example Simulating the Glass Ceiling. Sept. 20, 2006.
- Scott Rozelle. "Irrigation Water Pricing Policy in China." Nov. 3, 2006.