Academic Research Seminars
Throughout the academic year research seminars are held with
presentations by faculty from MSU and other universities and research
institutions. Seminars are generally held on Wednesday afternoons, unless stated otherwise, from
3:15 - 4:45 p.m. in the 406 Conference room (406 Linfield Hall). Contact Professor Randy Rucker (406-994-5644) or Mark Anderson (406-994-7773) for more information.
Archived Papers from Past DAEE Seminars
- August 28, 2013: Anton Bekkerman (MSU). “Revisiting the Determinants of Futures Contracts: The Curious Case of
Distillers’ Dried Grain,” with Hernan A. Tejada (Utah State University).
- October 25, 2013: Note date and time change. Friday, 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm. Rebecca Lessem, Carnegie Mellon. “Decomposing the Native-Immigrant Wage Gap in the United States”
- November 20, 2013: Jason Pearcy (MSU) with Vince Smith (MSU). “The Tangled Web of Agricultural Insurance: Evaluating the Impacts of Government Policy.”
- December 4, 2013: Carly Urban (MSU) with Max Schmeiser (Federal Reserve Board). “State Mandated Financial Education and Later-Life Financial Well-
- 2013 Annual Fall Conference and Celebrate Agriculture!! weekend scheduled for October 25 & 26, 2013
- 2013 Annual Fall Conference: "Celebrate Agriculture!!" Montana Agriculture in 2014: Prospects for Growth, Future Challenges, and the Role of Cooperatives
Brown Bag Lunch Series
Throughout the academic year and during the summer, the brown bag series is intended to provide an informal forum to present and discuss research in progress or ideas. These lunches (bring your own lunch) are held on Monday, from noon - 1:00 p.m. in 306 Linfield Hall, (Wilson Conference Room). Contact Professor Wendy Stock or call 406-994-7984 for more information.
- Sept. 9, 2013: Vince Smith ((MSU). "Small Holder Agriculture in Zambia"
- Sept. 23, 2013: Carly Urban (MSU). "Do Auto Advertisements Work"
- Oct. 7, 2013: Wendy Stock (MSU). "Roundtable: Dealing with Difficult Students"
- Oct. 18, 2013: Anton Bekkerman (MSU). Graduate Research
- Oct. 21, 2013: Wendy Stock (MSU). Advising
- Nov. 18, 2013: Note time and location change: 12:15 - 1:15 in 406 Linfield: Gary Brester, Anton Bekkerman, and Eric Belasco (MSU). MAES Project Review (Seminar)
- Nov. 25, 2013: Anton Bekkerman (MSU). Graduate Research
- Dec. 2, 2013: Wendy Stock (MSU). "15 years of Research on Graduate Education in Economics: What Have We Learned?"