Academic Research Seminars
Throughout the academic year research seminars are held with
presentations by faculty from MSU and other universities and research
institutions. Seminars are generally held on Friday afternoons, unless stated otherwise, from
3:15 - 4:45 p.m. in the 406 Conference room (406 Linfield Hall). Contact Professor Randy Rucker (406-994-5644), Mark Anderson (406-994-7773), or Carly Urban (406-994-2005) for more information.
Archived Papers from Past DAEE Seminars
- February 20, 2015: Erik Hembre (University of Illinois-Chicago), "TBA"
- March 27, 2015: Stacy Dickert-Conlin (Michigan State University, "TBA"
- Note day change. Time change TBA: Thursday, April 2, 2015: Gordon Dahl (University of California, San Diego), College of Letters and Science Distinguished Speaker Series, "TBA"
- April 3, 2015: Gordon Dahl (University of California, San Diego), "TBA"
- April 17, 2015: Jennifer Doleac (University of Virginia Batten School), "TBA"
- May 1, 2015: Hilary Hoynes (University of California, Berkeley), "TBA"
Click here to download schedule.
- 2014 Annual Fall Conference and Celebrate Agriculture!! weekend was held November 7-8, 2014
- 2014 Annual Fall Conference: "Celebrate Agriculture!!" Montana Agriculture: Current Issues and the Role of Agricultural Research
Brown Bag Lunch Series
Throughout the academic year and during the summer, the brown bag series is intended to provide an informal forum to present and discuss research in progress or ideas. These lunches (bring your own lunch) are held on Monday, from noon - 1:00 p.m. in 406 Conference room (406 Linfield Hall). Contact Asst. Professor Carly Urban or call 406-994-2005 for more information.
- (Note day and location change) Linfield 231: Tuesday, September 9, 2014: Gary Brester and Vince Smith (MSU, DAEE), New Zealand Trip
- September 22, 2014: Timothy Moore (George Washington University), TBD (joint with seminar series, LINH 406)
- September 29, 2014: Eric Belasco (with Anton Bekkerman) (MSU, DAEE), "The Role of Crop Insurance Participation in Farm-Level Financial Leverage"
- October 6, 2014: Joe Janzen (MSU, DAEE), "The Effect of US Food Aid Procurement on US Prices for Lentils and Peas"
- October 13, 2014: Carly Urban (MSU, DAEE), "The Demography of Credit"
- October 20, 2014: Tony Cookson, "TBD" (LINH 406)
- October 27, 2014: Sarah Janzen (MSU, DAEE), "Aspirations"
- November 3, 2014: Greg Gilpin (MSU, DAEE), "Student Expectation
- November 10, 2014: Nicole Hair (University of Michigan), "TBD" (joint with seminar series, LINH 406)
- November 19, 2014: Open Faculty Discussion with Dean Nic Rae
- November 24, 2014: Vince Smith (with Anton Bekkerman and Myles Watts) (MSU, DAEE), "The Impacts of the New Ag Insurance
and Shallow Loss Programs"
- December 1, 2015: Mark Anderson (MSU, DAEE), "Refrigeration"
Click here to download schedule