Academic Research Seminars
Throughout the academic year research seminars are held with
presentations by faculty from MSU and other universities and research
institutions. Seminars are generally held on Wednesday afternoons, unless stated otherwise, from
3:15 - 4:45 p.m. in the 406 Conference room (406 Linfield Hall). Contact Professor Randy Rucker (406-994-5644) or Mark Anderson (406-994-7773) for more information.
Archived Papers from Past DAEE Seminars
- Jan. 22, 2014: Joe Atwood, MSU (with Saleem Shaik, North Dakota State University and Glenn Helmers, Prof. Emeritus, University of Nebraska-Lincoln). "Quantile DEA: A Direct Linear Programming Based Approach"
- Note: day change: Friday: Feb. 7, 2014: Ben Cowan, Washington State University. "Testing For Educational Credit Constraints using Heterogeneity in Individual Time Preferences"
- Note: date, time, and location change: Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014, at 4:00, Linfield 125: College of Letters and Science Distinguished Speakers Series. Lance Lochner, University of Western Ontario. "Re-Designing Student Loan Programs: A Difficult Balancing Act"
- Note: day change: Friday: Feb. 14, 2014: Lance Lochner, University of Western Ontario. TBA
- Feb. 19, 2014: Josh Hill, MSU-Billings. "The Agency Problem of Empire: British Mechanisms for Constraining Governor Behavior"
- Note: day change: Thursday: March 27, 2014: Justin Marion, University of California-Santa Cruz. TBA
- 2013 Annual Fall Conference and Celebrate Agriculture!! weekend was held on October 25 & 26, 2013
- 2013 Annual Fall Conference: "Celebrate Agriculture!!" Montana Agriculture in 2014: Prospects for Growth, Future Challenges, and the Role of Cooperatives
Brown Bag Lunch Series
Throughout the academic year and during the summer, the brown bag series is intended to provide an informal forum to present and discuss research in progress or ideas. These lunches (bring your own lunch) are held on Monday, from noon - 1:00 p.m. in 406 Conference room (406 Linfield Hall). Contact Professor Wendy Stock or call 406-994-7984 for more information.
- Jan. 13, 2014: Anton Bekkerman. Designing Good Assessments of Student Learning
- Jan. 27, 2014: Joe Atwood. MAES Review Seminar
- Feb. 3, 2014: Marsha Goetting, George Haynes, and Joel Schumacher. What is Extension?
- Feb. 10, 2014: Myles Watts. Economic Education
- Feb. 24, 2014: Joel Schumacher. Roundtable on DAEE Fall Conference
- Note: day change: Wednesday: March 5, 2014: Greg Gilpin. School Calendar Conversion, Single- and Multi-track Schooling, and the Teacher Labor Market
- March 17, 2014: Anton Bekkerman. The Price of Romance: An Empirical Investigation
- March 24, 2014: Carly Urban. Cash for Clunkers and Traffic Fatalities
- April 7, 2014: Isaac Swensen. Intractable Pain Treatment and Drug Overdose Deaths
- April 14, 2014: Mark Anderson. Racial Discrimination among Employees: Evidence from Beaned Batters in Major League Baseball
- April 21, 2014: Wendy Stock. Antidiscrimination Laws & Marriage