Responsible leadership and empowered followership are two sides of the same coin.
Both matter. Sooner or later, everything we do comes down to how we lead and follow.
Students come to MSU with varying levels of leadership experience. Some arrive as
experienced leaders while others discover their leadership potential during their
time at MSU.
Students from all areas of study, though, are intensely curious about leadership.
They want to learn about what it is and how it works. Then, they want the opportunity
to put what they have learned in the classroom to use in their real outside-of-the-classroom
MSU's Leadership Fellows Certificate (LFC), a comprehensive leader development program,
meets each student's initial level of leadership readiness and then sequentially moves
them toward fuller, more genuine expressions of leading and following.
Add value to your undergraduate degree!
It does this by proactively cultivating broadly applicable professional competencies
within each student. Leadership Fellows graduate from MSU as:
- Curious, life-long learners
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinkers and informed risk-takers
- Critical, contextual thinkers who are able to deal effectively with incomplete information
and amidst ambiguity
- Open collaborators - respectful, effective team players
- Quantitatively and qualitatively competent decision makers
- Digitally savvy global citizens - because today all jobs are tech jobs
Leadership is Messy