The Leadership Fellow Journey
A total of 16 credits is required to earn a Leadership Fellows certificate.
- HLD 121US: Leadership Foundations (3 credits CORE). Can be taken as a freshman, sophomore,
junior OR senior. Satisfies CORE credits as well as Leadership Fellow required course.
Explore your individual leadership style through a variety of frames in this experiential and engaging class. Here are just a few of the topics covered in the course:
- How people work and interact in teams and organizations; emotional intelligence
- Theories of leading, following, and organizational dynamics
- Principles of ethical behavior, decision-making, risk and conflict management, negotiating
- Critical thinking, writing, and communicating
- 6 Credits will be earned by taking any elective within your field of study
- 6 Credits will be earned by taking courses on the Leadership Fellows approved list (link to courses page)
- HLD 302: Leadership Capstone (1 credit). In this course, it's your choice! You choose to conduct original research on a leadership
topic within your chosesn field of study, do an internship, shadow a MSU student-led
club or local organization, work with a faculty member in your department, or something
else entirely—all with the ongoing support of your peers and instructor. Final projects
are presented to the audience of your choice and/or to Leadership Studies students.
Exemplary projects may be selected to be presented at MSU's annual spring undergraduate
Please note: UC121US and UC 302 course rubric have been changed to HLD in the Spring 2019. These courses will count towards the certificate and need not be repeated.
For more information contact Stephanie Lindsay on 994-2016 or email@example.com