Montana Apprenticeship Program (MAP)
The Montana Apprenticeship Program (MAP) aims to encourage and inspire young people to pursue four-year college degrees and supports the inclusion and success of Native American and other underrepresented minority high school students, and "first-generation" students (first in their families to attend a four-year college/university) in the career fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM").
MAP is a four (4) week, summer college preparatory program at MSU-Bozeman. MAP provides students entering their junior and senior years of high school their first taste of college life and introduces students to STEM coursework, research, and careers. Students must be current residents of Montana.
MAP is fun and action packed – no two days are ever the same! In addition to field trips and adventures around the Bozeman area, MAP students participate in diverse academic enrichment, science research, and college preparation activities.
Program Benefits Include:
- Housing on campus and all meals are provided for the entire four-week program.
- Students who successfully complete the entire four-week program receive a stipend of $800.
- MAP will help arrange transportation to the program for students who need assistance.
- Students practice and improve their skills in math, academic writing/communications and science.
- Students gain an understanding of college life, college majors and careers, and develop practical skills to prepare for college.
- Fulltime resident hall advisers ("RA") and a program coordinator provide round-the-clock supervision and support.
- Weekend field trips may include visits to state or national parks, hiking, cultural events, and exploring the beauty of southwest Montana.
- 100% of MAP students graduate from high school and the majority of MAP students enter a four-year college/university immediately upon high school graduation (2013-2017 program data).
MAP 2018 | June 24 - July 21
Applications for MAP student participants & staff are now available (below). NOTE: The MAP Student Application deadline has been extended to APRIL 20, 2018!.
Click HERE for MAP student application in PDF format
Click HERE for MAP student application in Word Format.
Click here for MAP Resident Hall Advisor ("RA") Application.