Montana Apprenticeship Program (MAP)
The goal of the Montana Apprenticeship Program is to inspire young people to pursue college degrees and increase the number of Native American and other underrepresented and "first-generation" high school students (students who will be first in their families to attend a four-year college or university) entering the career fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
MAP operates a six-week, college preparatory program at MSU each summer. MAP provides students entering their junior and senior years of high school their first taste of college life and assists with academic preparation majoring in STEM in college. Students must be current residents of Montana.
MAP is fun and action packed – no two days are ever the same! In addition to science field trips, MAP students participate in diverse academic enrichment and college preparation activities.
Program Benefits Include
- Housing on campus and all meals are provided for the entire six-week program.
- Funds are provided to help cover students' transportation costs to Bozeman and back home.
- Students practice and improve their skills in math, chemistry, physics, biology, and writing/communications.
- Students gain an understanding of college life, college majors and careers, and develop practical skills to prepare for college.
- Full-time residential advisers and a program coordinator provide round-the-clock supervision and support.
- Weekend field trips include visits to Yellowstone National Park, hiking, cultural events, and exploring the beauty of southwest Montana.
- 100% of MAP students graduate from high school and the majority of MAP students enter a four-year college/university immediately upon high school graduation.
MAP 2017 | June 18 - July 28
Applications for MAP student participants are now available! MAP Application deadline is March 20th, 2017.
Click here for the MAP application in PDF format.
Click here for MAP application in Word Format.
Click here MAP Program Coordinator Application.
Click here for MAP Residential Advisor Application.
Click here for MAP STEM Instructor Application. Three (3) instructor positions are available in Chemistry; Physics; Biology.