If you have never volunteered before, we know it can be a bit intimidating! Our office is here to help! Please read below for some ways to start. Get out and get involved, you won't regret it!
- You can search for volunteer opportunities online at Volunteer Connections of Greater Gallatin United Way
- Check out our list of local Community Organizations that utilize volunteers and explore if there is one right for you! Committing to an organization is a great way to explore your passions and interests as well as making meaningful connections in the community.
- Join our The HUB e-newsletter to stay up to date on upcoming service opportunities. Sign up online HERE.
- We post upcoming volunteer opportunities on our website, check this often!
- Attend our bi-annual Involvement Fair and Study Abroad Fair!
The Office of Student Engagement organizes different programs throughout the year to engage students in service:
Involvement Fair and Study Abroad Fair
In early September the office hosts an event outside on the Centennial Mall where approximately 70 area community-based organizations and student organizations are available to inform students, faculty and staff how to get involved in their organization. Come meet some amazing non profit and campus leaders and learn from them first hand how you can be part of thier work to strengthen our community and campus.
Rockin' the "M"
The weekend before MSU Homecoming, up to 100 students hike the "M" and paint it and make it shine! This is a great way to show your school spirit, get your hands dirty and make a difference!
Instead of going to Cancun for spring break, students choose to travel to another part of the country and provide service to a community in need. We typically send 3-5 trips each spring break, so there are a variety of options available to you. Check out the BreaksAway section of our website to find out more about this great program.
Once a month we mobilize the MSU community to servce in the local community. Taking place the 1st Saturday of the month, October through April, this is a perfect way for busy students to get involved in the community!, meet great new people and have a positive impact in the Bozeman area.
Service Learning at MSU
Service Learning courses provide Montana State University students with the opportunity to link academic study with community involvement. Students use information from these courses to address real needs of local and global communities. Follow the link above to learn more!