Office of Student Engagement/ASMSU Positions
Volunteer with us!
Application extended until 5pm on Monday, September 16th!
- Volunteer Opportunity: Finance Board At-Large Member
Reports to: Senate Speaker Pro Tempore and ASMSU Business Manager
Duration: September 2019 – April 2020
About ASMSU Finance Board: The Senate annually allocates the student activity fee
moneys to ASMSU programs. The Finance Board makes recommendations to Senate for
responsible management of student funds, strategic budgeting, and representation of student
concerns. The Finance Board meets usually once each week to review requests for
supplemental and reserve funding requests. In the spring semester, the Finance Board prepares
budget recommendations for Senate review. Leadership, knowledge of university policies, and
experience working with stakeholders and constituency groups are valuable skills for this role.
• Must attend all Finance Board meetings unless excused
• Come to Finance Board meetings prepared. Read materials thoroughly ahead of
• Provide feedback to program organizations on budgets
• Understand sound accounting principles and university financial policies
• Ability to professionally debate and discuss budgets and proposals, including giving
• Must have paid the ASMSU student activity fee
Qualified applicants are encouraged to fill out a Volunteer application listed above.
For questions please contact Senate Speaker Pro Tempore, Ambika Murali, at
firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by SUB 221.