Can the Griz
This year marks the 16th annual Can the Griz/Can the Bobcats Food Drive, an off-field competition between MSU and the University of Montana to see which community can collect the most donations for their local food banks. This friendly competition takes place on Saturday, November 7th through Saturday, November 21st at the Bobcat/Griz game, and ends at half-time.
In 2014, MSU and the Bozeman area community donated 171,554 pounds of food plus approximately $74,636 to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. Combined, that's a RECORD donation for the food bank! All of the food collected at Can the Griz remains in the Gallatin Valley and is used to support our friends, our neighbors, and our children’s classmates.
Saturday, November 7th-21st, 2015
This friendly competition takes place on Saturday, November 7th through Saturday, November 21st at the Bobcat/Griz game, and ends at half-time.
Click HERE to view the 2015 Can the Griz sponsorship opportunities.
Please join us for this new event held in conjunction with the annual CAN the Griz food drive competition beginning Nov. 7th, 2015. The objective of this event is to assist the Gallatin Valley Food Bank (GVFB) with much needed nutritious, non-perishable, canned goods to allow them to further their mission of increasing food security in Southwest Montana. This is a food drive with a twist since the food is used to build interesting and creative structures before then being donated to the food bank! We are asking 8 teams to form and register to participate by October 30th. Read on, learn more and register your team!!
Grand Prize: Two round-trip airline tickets to anywhere Alaska Airlines Flies!
- Registration materials available September 21st 2015
- Registration deadline is October 30th, 2015
- Build Date at the Gallatin Valley Mall, November 8th at 11am to 5pm
- Jurors judging session will be on November 9th
- Awards announced November 13th at the Gallatin Valley Mall, Peoples Choice Determined by can donations
- Break down of can structures by GVFB volunteer crew Nov. 15th, cans to GVFB for CAN the Griz, participants pick up building materials or forfeit to GVFB.
- Peoples’ choice, 1 can equals 1 vote, bins will be in front of each sculpture. Cans will be tallied by GVFB staff
- Structural Ingenuity
- Battle of the CANarchist - MSU Department winner - Arts, Engineers, Architects, or Other
Click HERE to enter your team and review the rules and regulations!
Questions about Can the Griz?
Laurynn Olson, Program Coordinator, at 406-994-2837 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Brianna Cronin, Program Coordinator, at 406-994-7475 or email@example.com