The Spring Involvement Fair will be on Wednesday, January 25th. Interested Student
Organizations and Nonprofits
can register HERE!
Why get involved?
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Getting involved will help you feel more connected to others around you and MSU.
- Apply what you are learning in class and gain “real world” experiences.
- Pursue special interests, hobbies, and issues.
- Give your time and talents back to the community.
- Strengthens your resume and makes you more marketable upon graduation.
- Student who get involved outside the classroom are more likely to graduate!
- Gain leadership skills.
- Because your dorm room is only fun for about 4 minutes, Get out and get involved!
Bring a friend to the Involvement Fair!
Previous fairs featured numerous distinct clubs and organizations, ranging from common college fixtures such as Fraternity and Sorority Life, and recreational and music groups, to more unique clubs like Dance Club, Collegiate FFA, and Tactical Action Gaming. Whether this is your first or last semester at Montana State University, involvement is a crucial part of your experience. Joining an organization of interest serves to introduce you to like-minded individuals – OR – getting involved outside of your comfort zone will help you get acquainted with people you may not normally interact with.
In the long term, getting involved may lead to life-long friendships and treasured memories. For now, joining a club or two may just give you what you really need: plans for Friday or Saturday night to socialize with your new club-mates or weekend plans skiing with folks with developmentally dis(tinct)-abilities.
For participating Student & Community Organizations:
For the past 16 years, the Office of Student Engagement hosts between 50-70 non-profit organizations on campus. This event is a great opportunity to introduce community and campus organizations and for attending students to learn more about community agencies, and find volunteer, work-study, and internship opportunities. In 2012, the Office of Student Engagement welcomed the addition of Registered Student Organizations to the Involvement Fair. Currently, there are over 215 active campus clubs with membership of over 8000 students MSU students! This event is a great way to educate students about community organizations, registered student organizations and recruit new members or volunteers.
We invite any non-profit 501C(3), governmental organization, Registered Student Organization, or students interested in developing membership for a proposed student organization (not yet registered) to participate. Participating organizations must be willing to adhere to the MSU Non-Discrimination Policy: http://www2.montana.edu/policy/affirmative_action/aa100.html#100.00_Non-Discrimination_Policies
- Venue with Tables/Chairs
- Students and peers
- A Parking Pass for Community Organizations
- Knowledgeable and energetic tabling staff from 10am-3pm on Monday, September 26th, 2016 on the Centennial Mall.
- Information about engagement opportunities for MSU students
- Sign-in for students interested in becoming involved with your organization
- Freebies or giveaways