Kickoff Trails Project
Work on a local trail, meet your neighbors, and make a positive impact in our community!
August 24th, 9am-1pm
Start off the school year with service! For the past five years, the Office of Activities and Engagement partners with the Gallatin Valley Land Trust to work on local trail projects. Volunteers rehabilitate portions of our local Main Street to Mountains trail system by resurfacing, pulling noxious weeds, and improving drainage. This event takes place the Sunday before school begins and is a great way to kick off the new school year. We provide transportation from the SUB to the work site and back, lunch, and a local trail map.
- Resurfacing trails at Rose Park.
Where to meet:
- Meet outside the Strand Union Building (SUB) by 8:45am in the bus loop (south side). No RSVP necessary, just join us!
What to bring/wear:
- Please wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty
- Wear closed-toed shoes
- Full water bottles
- Work gloves (we will have some available, but please bring your own if you have them)
- Lunch and extra water
- Local trail map
For questions, please contact Brianna Cronin, firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-6902.
Kick-off Trails 2013 was a HUGE success!
- 24 volunteers
- 6,000 pounds of gravel spread over 200 yards
- 1 mile of old barbed wire fencing removed
“The project was on a trail I am on all of the time, so I can definitely see the difference when I go up there!”
“The Trails Project was super fun and it was a great way to get to know the area better since I'm a Bozeman newbie!”
The Office of Activities & Engagement will make reasonable accommodations for known disabilities that may interfere with an individual's ability to participate. Persons requiring such accommodations should make their requests to Robin Mayer as soon as possible before the meeting/event to allow adequate time for special arrangements.