Service Saturdays are local service projects held on the first Saturday of the month offering a great way for community members and students to create relationships while working to enhance Bozeman. They are coordinated and sponsored by MSU’s Office of Student Engagement and supported by MSU Parent Family Association. Projects will vary from month to month, so please check back for upcoming project details.
November 5th Projects
- Sacks Thrift Store
- Student volunteers will check over clothes to make sure they are in good condition to sell and hang them up in the basement as well as perform some facility maintenance.
- Heart of the Valley
- Volunteers will be assisting shelter staff to complete operational support activities. Volunteers will be helping to ensure that all shelter animals have clean bedding and a clean facility.
- Gallatin Valley Food Bank
- Student volunteers will be stuffing 4000 race bags with sponsor inserts, for the Huffing for Stuffing race which is the Gallatin Valley Food Bank's second largest fundraiser.
- Can the Griz
- Volunteers will help decorate collection boxes for the food drive the supports the Gallatin Valley Food Bank.
- Gallatin County Rest Home
- Volunteers will play bingo or host a spelling bee with residents of the home.
- Good Neighbor
- Volunteers will help distribute door hangers to promote positive neighbor behavior in the Cooper Park area.
October 1st Projects:
Montana Outdoor Science School
US Forest Service
Halloween Card Decorating
Sacks Thrift Store
Habitat for Humanity
September 10th Projects:
Gallatin Valley Land Trust
Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter
Habitat for Humanity ReStore
HRDC Warming Center
Cancer Support Community
Great Beginnings Montessori School
Gallatin Valley Food Bank
Children's Museum of Bozeman
If you are interested in hosting a group of Service Saturday volunteers on the dates listed below, please fill out a Service Saturday Project Proposal. If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 994-2933.
Mark your calendars!
|Fall 2016||Spring 2017|
Meet: Near Ask-Us Desk in Strand Union Building (SUB)
Time: 10am-12pm. Registration begins at 9:30, plan to arrive around this time.
Transportation: Will be provided if the service site is not within walking distance of MSU.
What to bring/wear:
- Please wear comfortable clothing that can get dirty
- Wear close-toed shoes as some projects may be manual labor
- Bring water/snacks or other items you may need
No registration is necessary, just come and bring your friends!
Note: If you are under 18, you must have a parent or legal guardian sign our Liability Waiver before participating. Please contact us.
Questions about Service Saturday? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-2933.
What our participants have to say about Service Saturdays:
"Service Saturdays are a fantastic opportunity to get out there, get involved, and help out the community. They make it so easy, all you have to do is show up with willing hands!"
"If you prefer sleeping in on a Saturday, you've obviously never been to a Service Saturday."
"I like helping people, so this is a perfect way to keep the motivation going!"
"Service Saturdays make volunteering so much fun!"
“Service Saturdays helped me get in tune with the community and not feel so out of place when I came to college!”
"Service Saturdays are a great way to start the weekend! You get to help others and it's not even noon yet!"
"Service Saturday was a great way to connect with other students while helping out the community! I am more aware of the needs of people in the area and hope to serve them more in the future."
"I love that Service Saturdays connect volunteers with places that need help; all we have to do is show up!"
"Service Saturdays are a great way to spend your Saturday morning helping your community out!"
"Service Saturday is a great way to get involved within the community trying all kinds of different activities to help out. It’s a very rewarding experience."
What our Service Sites have to say:
This was our 3rd time using "The Service Saturday" group. If they were not awesome
they would not have been asked for after the first time.
-Habitat for Humanity
“You guys were great-went above and beyond! Service like this means so much for the Children's Museum of Bozeman!” – Children’s Museum."
“The Service Saturday group is a wonderful group of young adults to work with. They are always so willing to do whatever we ask them to do. We will definitely keep asking them back!”- Cancer Support Community
“Awesome group, would highly recommend them to work with anyone in the future!” – Emerson Cultural Center
“I am so grateful for the service Saturday volunteers! Without them, we could not have accomplished this needed renovation! Thank You!”
"The Help Center Volunteers went above and beyond, tackling complex projects with terrific attitudes and staying late to make sure tasks were completed." – Children’s Museum