The Involvement Fair is a great opportunity to engage! Come and meet Registered Student Organizations and Community Non-profits. Find out what these groups do, and how you can be involved. RSO's and Community Organizations will be recruiting new members, volunteers, interns, and work study students.
Did you know that there is a Registered Student Organization called Dead Lizard Society which promotes learning in Paleontology? How about Unicycling for Change?
The Involvement Fair will be held in September, 2013 on the Centennial Mall. Check back for more information.
Why get involved?
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Getting involved will help you feel more connected to others around you and MSU.
- Apply what you are learning in class and gain “real world” experiences.
- Pursue special interests, hobbies, and issues.
- Give your time and talents back to the community.
- Strengthens your resume and makes you more marketable upon graduation.
- Student who get involved outside the classroom are more likely to graduate!
- Gain leadership skills.
- Because your dorm room is only fun for about 4 minutes, Get out and get involved!
For the past 12 years, the Office of Activities and Engagement hosts between 40-60 non-profit organizations on campus. This event is a great way for these community organizations to be introduced to the campus community and for attending students to learn more about community agencies, and find volunteer, work-study, and internship opportunities.
This year, the Office of Activities and Engagement welcomes the addition of Registered Student Organizations to the Involvement Fair. There is currently over 200 active clubs on campus. This event is a great way to educate students about Registered Student Organizations and recruit new members.
The Office of Activities and Engagement will provide each participating organization with table space, up to two chairs, and one campus parking permit per day (available only for Community Organizations). The fair is typically held outside on the Centennial Mall in the center of the Montana State University Campus. In the event of inclement weather the event will be moved into the Strand Union Building ballrooms. This event is free to non-profits and tax-exempt organizations, and Registered Student Organizations in good standing.
Registration: We invite any non-profit 501C(3), governmental organization, and Registered Student Organization in good standing that is willing to provide service and involvement opportunities to any MSU student regardless of sex, race, religion, or ethnicity.
This event is free and open to the public.
- Students and peers
- A Parking Pass for Community Organizations
- Table staff from 10am-2pm
- Information for students
- Weather appropriate attire
Check back in August for a link to register and attend the Involvement Fair in September.
Help us to welcome students back to MSU and get them involved in volunteer opportunities with in our community!