OAE supports and encourages the formation of new clubs or re-activating previously registered organizations. We understand the barriers that may be involved in this process, so we are here to help!
Things to keep in mind when starting a new club:
- Please view the current registered student organizations as well as last year's to verify there isn't already an existing club that is either exactly what you want to start or very similar.
- If you want to start a club that is only slightly different than an existing club, please keep in mind the recruitment barriers that may arise due to that factor.
- Please review the registered student organization criteria and application process to decide if you want to move forward with starting a new club and the steps involved.
How OAE can help:
If you do not have the minimum of 10 members to start (or re-start an inactive group) a new student organization, OAE can help!
- OAE will help you schedule the Northwest Lounge of the SUB in order for you to hold an interest meeting.
- If you produce a flyer advertising your interest meeting and drop the original with us, we will make 40 black and white copies of it and post it in academic buildings on campus. This will only be done one time by OAE. Please view our poster policies before printing.
- If you receive enough members to start a group, then you can start the registration process.
- You can attend the bi-annual Involvement Fair to generate more interest. Please contact us or visit the Involvement Fair section of the website to learn more.