Forms and Documents
- 2015-2016 Funding Policies
- Request for Payment Form
- W-9 and W-9 instructions on how to complete
- Direct Deposit and Direct Deposit instructions
- How to open a bank account
- How to obtain a Tax ID Number: This document walks you through how to request a Tax ID (or EIN) for your club in order to set up a bank account.
- MSU Hospitality Form
- MSU Hospitality Form-How to Fill out
- Mass Funding Recipient Orientation
- Rolling Funding Recipient Orientation
- Budget Amendment Form
- Common Campus Expenses document
- Budget Tracker Template
Matching Fund Documents
Funded Organizations FAQ's
When do we need to spend the money by?
You have until June of the fiscal year you were allocated money in. For example, if you were allocated money in November 2014, you have until June 2015 to spend the money.
What if you we are allocated money and then our event is cancelled or something changes?
We do have Budget Amendment Request Forms (see in above list of documents). If it is a small change, the OAE may be able to approve. If it is a significant change in your budget, it will need to go back to the Funding Board. You are not able to receive more money after your original allocation.
How do we check our balance?
Please have a mechanism to track your expenses, or you can contact us and we can let you know. You can use the Budget Tracker Template in the list of documents above.
What if we go over budget?
Plan ahead! Your group is responsible for any expenses incurred over your allocated amount.
What if we don’t spend all our money?
Notify us if don’t plan on spending all and we can re-allocate to another club.
Who can purchase items?
Prefer club leadership or advisor.
Can we apply for more funding?
If you were allocated either Mass or Rolling Funding, you are not able to apply again this academic year. You will be eligible to apply for Mass Funding in the spring.
How do we turn in receipts?
Bring all receipts and paperwork to our main office, 222 SUB, anytime between 8am-5pm. Allot time to fill out necessary paperwork.